• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any mtx vipers showing up yet

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Its an interesting point.
The Nytro has a LOT of available air to draw in from the left side even if the snow is piled up on the hood.

Does the viper have the same air access?

The venting is pretty good but I don't think it is nearly as good as having the snorkel out in the fresh air. You are still going to see some significant heat in the intake.

When I was poking through the display buttons, the Viper can display intake air temps....maybe we can run it each way and post the numbers for each?

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
When I was poking through the display buttons, the Viper can display intake air temps....maybe we can run it each way and post the numbers for each?[/QUOTE]

I am very curious also. I still can't decide which way to mount mine.

T

tar

Nov 26, 2007
Sumas WA
I was able to get mine outside the hood, cold air is always better IMO.
The intercooler is not in the air stream so it may get hot under the hood.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1416881222156.jpg

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I sure never suffered on my supercharged Nytro for having the intake in that location..

Take a look at where the radiator is and where the hot air from it goes. Several aftermarket companies are working on a hot air redirect, in the interim I reversed the fan connector on girlfriends Viper and removed the radiator on my non boosted Viper.

7.2 degrees drop in air equate to 1hp roughly. Cooler air going into intercooler is a good thing.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Take a look at where the radiator is and where the hot air from it goes. Several aftermarket companies are working on a hot air redirect, in the interim I reversed the fan connector on girlfriends Viper and removed the radiator on my non boosted Viper.

7.2 degrees drop in air equate to 1hp roughly. Cooler air going into intercooler is a good thing.
hmmm

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Just spent the weekend stopping and piling snow on the tunnel cooler on a hard packed road.

Couldn't help but think how nice it would be to have a radiator!

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Or ice scratchers??

One would think so, but chatted with a guy who had scratchers on a new Cat 800 and he was getting hot also?

Ordered my scratchers at snowcheck time, so not a happy camper that I don't have them. But after the Cat guy having trouble who knows?

Just saying I like the idea of radiator.

Premium Features