• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another perspective

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
DD you godda work for Cat. Don't you. I mean the flares? Where do you get them. Aren't they still backordered?

Personally I have never seen a PC "break a belt". I heard of it on the internet though and I've seen videos and pictures too. I know it is not everybody and I don't think it is just riding style or ability.

If I had an AC engineer's ear I would ask him why are some breaking and some not? I mean "breaking" is a bad word, right? "Pulling strings" (like the M's) "wearing out too fast" (like mine) are okay words, but "breaking" should be a no-no on a stock sled.
Why the difference bud? (I was just pretending like I was talking to the engineer)

Another question if you have the time (just pretending like I'm talking to the engineer again). Are all the clear hoses going to split when they get hot? Did you not spec them to take 16lbs of pressure (like it says on the cap)? Is it possible that there was a run of bad hoses and the HCR's were just there then so your blameing the smaller cooling system?
Oh. wait I know the answer, (I assume), I read it on the 'net and did the Napa hose exchange already (thanks guys), so I don't want those answered 'cause I just get three.

#2 How did you know how to fix the 1100's fuel issue so fast? Your good. I had the "running out of fuel with 1/2 a tank in a climb issue" on mine and had to search the internet to find the "extra T" fix (thanks guys). What did you end up doing?

#3 When are you going to tell your dealers the stuff you already have figured out? I could stop using my search buttom if you did.

Then, I would ('cause I'm devious) get him drunk (at least a little tipsy) and tell him how this is the best chassis I've ever ridden and the motor is to die for and my dealer is the best and you should throw the plastic in the garbage and start again and do you have a laptop, can we turn it on and browse and your the best.
Hey, by the way, you got any of those new belts in your van???

LOL

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Geo, I wish I would have had your list and more time but he was whisked away before the snow dust even settled from his arrival:face-icon-small-fro

Gates 21660 fits better:gossip:

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
So some were blowing belts, some were overheating, and some didn't run until an engineer came and fixed it and you say this is a good thing? Sounds like a bunch of junk out there. Snowmobiles should not blow belts. They should last a year or two like the old days. Snowmobiles should not overheat unless there is no snow, and you shouldn't need a mechanic form A/C to keep you sled running.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
So some were blowing belts, some were overheating, and some didn't run until an engineer came and fixed it and you say this is a good thing? Sounds like a bunch of junk out there. Snowmobiles should not blow belts. They should last a year or two like the old days. Snowmobiles should not overheat unless there is no snow, and you shouldn't need a mechanic form A/C to keep you sled running.

Not really what I said, but you are a Negitive person so take it any way you want, Whatever it takes to get you through the drudgery of your depressing life, I could careless, I know what I saw.

Last edited:

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
BS201214

If I had an AC engineer's ear I would ask him why are some breaking and some not? I mean "breaking" is a bad word, right? "Pulling strings" (like the M's) "wearing out too fast" (like mine) are okay words, but "breaking" should be a no-no on a stock sled.
Why the difference bud? (I was just pretending like I was talking to the engineer)

Service bulletin on the driven shaft is what the believe is the issue and that would explain why only some.

IN my opinion

cpa

Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2001
Utah
There are a lot of haters out there but I also love my Proclimb. I did blow a belt at 120 miles but I believe that had as much to do with the nut coming loose as anything. After some great advise from people on here and wonderful customer service from Team industries I couldnt be more happy with my sled. The belt temps or lack there of with the Team Tied is amazing. With a new helix coming from Team I believe its only going to get better also. Every ride out the sled gets better and better. I know some people will say they should be that good out of the box but I have never had a sled that performed the way I wanted it to out of the box. I jumped on a friends 11 M for a while yesterday when he was riding my Proclimb and I couldn't have been happier to get back on my sled. I feels the same way with the three Pros that I ride with weekly. All 3 are great sleds and have there strong points but I will take my Proclimb anyday.

L
Dec 13, 2008
Dave... the only thing I've got to say about that is: IF you're going to make a post explaining how trouble free the new cat was... and then you say that a cat engineer came to your hotel to fix something, you look just SLIGHTLY biased...

Kind of hard to take you as unbiased when you've got access to a cat engineer...

either way, the rate of sleds with issues here is about 50/50... so maybe you just all fell in the GOOD 50!!!:face-icon-small-hap

That... or you just ride like a panzy... (my vote is on that one:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton)

Is this what you mean when you say you dont give people with a good review any problams and dont try to make people as miserable as you are? I think alot of people would disagree. By the way Dave good review.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Is this what you mean when you say you dont give people with a good review any problams and dont try to make people as miserable as you are? I think alot of people would disagree. By the way Dave good review.

I saw that post, things that make you go hmmm:face-icon-small-fro

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am one that sold my retro for a pro but I have ridden them. The one's that I rode have not had any problems but they don't have many miles on them. They both have jaws cans on them. I actually like the sled. Suspension is awesome, steer way easier, good power, ride lighter than they are. The 2 i rode didn't hook up and jump right up on the snow like the pro. Probably just some adjustment needed. They have a little bit of a bulky, wide feel but I wouldn't want it any narrower. I think they tip up easier than a pro, initially. There was some serious noise coming from the pto side. I won't get into what I don't like about them since most don't want to hear it. All in all, I think they have potential. Do I wish I had my retro back? Not hardly.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Dave ,it was a good honest post and I'm glad that AC is doing a good job , I'm a Poo guy but ride with all brands and enjoy riding the different brands. Glad things are looking up cuz I really enjoy the AC adds they are the best. Sorry thou but if you ride somewhere when the Poo guys are there they will help you even w/parts if they can, been there myself.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

Dave isn't coming on here talking about HIS sled & how he's happy with HIS sled, he's claiming that this entire group (huge group) was problem free, so that should mean that everyone else is fine as well.

My only issue with Dave's post... most of us don't exactly have some cat engineer hanging around our riding area... so it makes it seem a bit like a planted post to me. Just like how you don't expect a sponsored rider to start talking negatively about a product, I don't expect that I'll hear that from a guy who is hanging out with one of their engineers either.

I rode in a group of 4 last week & 1/2 of them had BIG belt issues, to the point that they were planning on selling (before talking to me) so to tell me that the issues are super rare or something like that is BS imo. (btw... that ALSO means that we had two in the group that ran GREAT, no issues...which is a good thing!)

As to personally hassling Dave, if he' can't figure out I'm being sarcastic about the riding thing... he's not nearly as bright as I think he is:face-icon-small-win

(People have talked about how possibly riding style is the difference between the ones with issues & the ones without. In YOUR case, I'm sure that's the situation, but not in Dave's:face-icon-small-sho)

I've got 38's going on this week, if that changes the downhill handling significantly, you'll soon see a glowing positive report about that, you're welcome to post about how terrible that is as well.

Btw logchain... got a challenge for you.

Come on here this week, and post ONE useful thing, help ONE person instead of bickering about what someone else has to say on here & creating more drama.... and your credibility will go way up around here.

Last edited:
Premium Features