• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 skidoo

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Tough crowd. It's all about how they go - through the snow, not on Fakebook. I don't care how they look anymore if they work better.

We need AC to get with the program and release their top secret snow weapon - we will all win.

These stock sleds are fricking amazing now - wish I was 30 again. If we can keep riding areas open for the next few decades, and get decent winters, the young'ins are soooo lucky.
I care about how they look when I am paying for the retooling

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Whats your guys' thoughts on the expert not having a flex track vs the x having a flex track?

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
Brilliant!
Great way to appease the majority.
If u like the wobbly rear end, u can have it. If u like a solid performer on steep side hills, u can have it too.

If u want the wobbly rear end, u don't need the expert package.
If u want the expert package, u don't need the wobbly rear end.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

A
Dec 22, 2013
Ya I find it comical that everyone is wound up about the headlights… yes it looks like TMNT or a racoon, and I will never be able to unsee that LOL but who cares about what it looks like, the thing is gonna be a weapon. They knocked it out of the park with this sled IMO.

Theres still some things I don’t care for like a chaincase, secondary on shaft, 9.5 gal tank, and a arms that suck to change. Oh well. Gonna be one sweet sled.

Anyone hear anything in terms of these being a limited build?
Fwiw, I work for a pretty small brp dealer in a small town. Last year we were told we could order as many as we wanted but were required to order a minimum of 20 sleds. This year we were told we're limited to 29. I would imagine if we were givin a limited number, so are other dealers. Not as limited as us of course, but limited. We were also told that we only have till Friday to let them know how many we want for the year. That's spring checks and floor models.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Lots of great improvements on the 2023s. Increase in price and decrease in warranty not so good.

Colors are lame too, except for the Expert.

C
Mar 15, 2018
Whats your guys' thoughts on the expert not having a flex track vs the x having a flex track?

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
It is something g that should have been done in 2017 with the introduction of the gen4. CLEARLY some people LIKE the T-mo/flex track and others do not. I will never understand why manufacturers ignore what the customers want and insist that they know better. On another note, there was lots of guys saying that should the price increase by 15-20% that snow checks would be way down yet people seem to be tripping over one another to get their orders in before even knowing what the price will be. I don't think it matters WHAT the price is, BRP will sell all they can produce.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It is like shock calibration. They try to cover a happy medium. I would bet most like t motion and flex edge. It makes it easier and is great for some stuff. Just not for real technical stuff. I actually think they covered everybody. Expert for technical. Still get t motion if wanted and the lynx with 15 wide for me. I think the 16 wide is why they came with t motion and flex edge to compensate for less nimble or harder to get on edge.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I try not to be too hard on styling until I see something in person. As I said earlier, my in-person reaction to the Matryx was "whoa ugly!" Just going off the pictures, the Gen5 seems slightly less ugly, but nothing pretty about it either. Will be interesting to see if I feel better or worse about it in person. I guess I've about given up on the idea that aesthetics will ever again be a contributing factor to which sled I choose. Maybe there's just not much you can do with tall, narrow bodywork, but it doesn't help when Poo seems to be styling by chainsaw and Doo is shaping their bodywork in an oven.

Premium Features