• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 skidoo

T
Aug 8, 2011
It’s that time of year again…what has anyone heard about next years skidoo? With Polaris making good power with their turbo, and rumors of a bigger boost tune being tested by skidoo you gotta figure we are gonna get a turbo HO.
Are we going to see an updated chassis as well? Half year release perhaps??

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I’m sure we’ll see something, would be awesome if a power bump and or chassis.

I will say at this point there are a lot of folks still waiting on their 22’s, unfortunately. With every brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I hope Doo does narrower boards and plastics to match the 34 inch front end.

Standard post forward would be nice and option to delete t- motion.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
New skid without torsion springs, no more t-motion (finally!). Also it is not going to be the Lynx skid, all-new design
New track (at least not flex-edge anymore).

Those were the only specifics I could get, but [he] seemed pretty excited about it.

I'm hoping it gets narrowed up - 15" track, narrow tunnel/ running boards, and bodywork. And I think an updated front end geometry would help handling quite a bit, make it more predictable, less "twitchy."

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't think they will go away from 16 inch track. Narrower body work and fix the herky jerky front end are the biggest 2 things they could do. Everything else you could deal with or live with.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
A year ago I woulda said G5 for 2023… I doubt at this point thats gonna be possible with supply issues.

A tune and a couple more lbs of boost up high would be easy and very possible I’d think.

Doo for whatever reason sure is proud of their torsion spring skid, so I doubt we see them going away from that.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Giving up the 16 wide would be like Yamaha giving up their 4 stroke for a 2. The only track choice you will get will be length. Dying to try 34 front end. I do believe they need to be 2 inches narrower than everyone to compensate for 16 wide track. Lynx suspension would be awesome addition but doo already rides better than anything else. Not even close. They have to have something to separate the lynx and doo. They really don't need that much. You buy a doo for what they are and same with polaris. Don't need to make one into the other

D
Mar 13, 2014
I like to tinker and change stuff. My 22 Freeride has already has a completely different skid. With that said the sled is so far beyond my ability its silly.

I was convinced I was going to put a toon in mine than 2 days ago I did a re entry when my NA sled would have been stuck. When it started to just go vertical I thought to myself well I have seen this on the gram lol. I actually did really good but it was 100% unintentional.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hmmm
A G5 in 2023.
Don't think we would have to go very far out on a Limb to say NOT LIKELY given the huge supply chain problems that BRP is still suffering through just to get the G4 production components made and delivered.

Under normal conditions, YES, Its time for the next Iteration to appear.
But man.
I dunno guys.
It might be a reach for them to try and bring out a truly new chassis next year...

T
Aug 8, 2011
My guess is it’s a derivative of the g4 chassis….same bulkhead and mostly same power train, little more boost and in typical skidoo fashion a host of little changes to make it work truly perfect. I also love how the 34 front end works on the 22 experts, but I expect the rest of the body work to narrow up to match it. I personally love the 16 wide track and don’t want to give that up…but I expect with consumer push to narrow the chassis, and skidoo’s unwillingness to narrow the running board to much, that we end up with a narrower tunnel and 15 wide track…I hope not. But that’s my guess.

It will be interesting to see if they dream up a new packaging to more seamlessly house the turbo in the new body work

T
Aug 8, 2011
I tend to think supply chain issues are a macro problem that doesn’t necessarily effect a new chassis vs old chassis. Thing is it’s gonna be a challenge to get the parts produced either way. It will take the same amount of parts and pieces to build an old one or a new one. The chip thing will be a factor either way. But supply chain issues are real, made substantially worse by the just in time manufacturing method that all manufactures use extensively anymore. It’s not like skidoo has a big pile of parts laying there to build a bunch more gen4 sleds. They either build the components they need for more gen 4 and deal with the challenges, or they build a bunch more components to build g5 sleds and deal with those challenges. JMO

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
You buy a doo for what they are and same with polaris. Don't need to make one into the other
Amen

That said, I've had 12 Doo's and I will not likely buy another until they have a factory nav system.
My polaris happened to have PIDD, I didn't realize how much nicer that is than a handheld device!
Won't buy another mountain sled without it.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I tend to think supply chain issues are a macro problem that doesn’t necessarily effect a new chassis vs old chassis. Thing is it’s gonna be a challenge to get the parts produced either way. It will take the same amount of parts and pieces to build an old one or a new one. The chip thing will be a factor either way. But supply chain issues are real, made substantially worse by the just in time manufacturing method that all manufactures use extensively anymore. It’s not like skidoo has a big pile of parts laying there to build a bunch more gen4 sleds. They either build the components they need for more gen 4 and deal with the challenges, or they build a bunch more components to build g5 sleds and deal with those challenges. JMO
I feel like building what suppliers and factories are already setup to do would be easier than trying to retool right now, I’m sure getting materials and parts to retool is just as hard as it is to get parts to build anything. That combined with the additional time required to develop something due to it taking forfuking ever to get anything- make it highly unlikely IMO

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I feel like building what suppliers and factories are already setup to do would be easier than trying to retool right now, I’m sure getting materials and parts to retool is just as hard as it is to get parts to build anything. That combined with the additional time required to develop something due to it taking forfuking ever to get anything- make it highly unlikely IMO
that would be my "Guess" as well.

Premium Features