• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

considering a skidoo/lynx

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
I plan on updating my 22 Expert to the 24 Expert. Hard to leave their motor.
I'm also thinking of doing it. That being said my buddy still hasn't received his 23 yet and I didn't get my 22 till 1-28-22 so wondering if I should wait one more year and hope things get better.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I'm also thinking of doing it. That being said my buddy still hasn't received his 23 yet and I didn't get my 22 till 1-28-22 so wondering if I should wait one more year and hope things get better.
I’m not selling my 22 until I have my new one. May even keep it for a backup.

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
If I could put the lynx rear skid and the doo motor in the Polaris chassis I would be one happy camper. That would be the ultimate sled for me.

Turboless please let us know how the skis work. The only complaint I have is the front end when hitting ruts, old tracks etc when sidehilling. Polaris and cat just go through the crap and lynx skidoo are twitchy.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If I could put the lynx rear skid and the doo motor in the Polaris chassis I would be one happy camper. That would be the ultimate sled for me.

Turboless please let us know how the skis work. The only complaint I have is the front end when hitting ruts, old tracks etc when sidehilling. Polaris and cat just go through the crap and lynx skidoo are twitchy.
I will. Swaybar is still unhooked. My lynx hasn't felt twitchy and haven't noticed steering 3 times as much either. Lynx spindle is different. More feedback with swaybar. Ride an alpha. Little to no feedback when on edge. No swaybar.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

The slydog skis are night and day difference. Even my buddy, who hated it when he rode it with stock skis, said he had to eat his words. He likes it. His polaris works better in trees. More forgiving with 2.75. Climbs up on snow. Lynx is a trencher and stands straight in the air. That also makes it more fun. Even he thought so. The lynx has to be rode at speed like you got a set and it goes places. If you ***** foot it through the trees it will make you pay. My buddy is a die hard polaris guy with a 22 boost and simple change of skis changed his mind. Currently my lynx is sleeping on the mountain out of gas. Doubling up sucks. I just knew we were walking. His was flashing low but made it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I got them straight from slydog. They are heavy compared to stock. When you look at stock skis they look surprisingly heavy. They are lighter than they look. I bet they are 2 pounds a piece heavier just guessing. Lynx is already a heavy girl. What's a few more pounds. Well worth it.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I am considering snowchecking a doo or Lynx next year. I have been on polaris the last 11 years, skidoo 8 years before that. I have loved my 22 khaos boost 155", but very frustrated with Polaris and still not having my 23 snocheck and waited last year until February. I know that every manufacture, including skidoo and lynx, has had issues, but doesn't mean I have to keep supporting them, plus might be fun to change it up.

What sled - skidoo or lynx, will get me a ride most similar to the poo as far as side hilling in steep terrian? I know I want the turbo engine. Concerned with the stated wieght of the Lynx, but I like the thought of a 15" track. Just starting to research it a bit and thought I'd ask for info here. I figure someone here as compared them all.
I can legitimately answer that question now I've rode a 154 and 165 expert. You couldn't give me an expert until they do something with the front end. The 154 would eat my lynx. Night and day on power. He said it was 10 inch wheels and 16 wide. I could smell race fuel. Assuming it someones 30hp tune. It was impressive. His can was not.

dbest

Lifetime Membership
Mar 15, 2013
I got them straight from slydog. They are heavy compared to stock. When you look at stock skis they look surprisingly heavy. They are lighter than they look. I bet they are 2 pounds a piece heavier just guessing. Lynx is already a heavy girl. What's a few more pounds. Well worth it.
Which model of the slydog did you buy?

M7sleddn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Twin Falls, Id
I ordered the attack skis yesterday. Is the ski rubber the same? I have the salazzIng ski rubbers and they work really well.

straightup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Rigby Idaho
I agree with turboless terry ski are garbage!! Picked up my shredder ds went straight to ride felt like I had never rode before. Went home put new sly dog attack skis adjusted bars controls and suspension. Rode next day while new sled!! Rides like my 23 expert does. Had two shredder ds both day mine changed and completely stock one. Everyone that rode them both said mine held side hill like Velcro and was easier to keep on edge! Ski didn’t push you back down.
Since then I have added 34 inch front end and this sled is my new favorite! Feels like a expert with amazing suspension.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I agree with turboless terry ski are garbage!! Picked up my shredder ds went straight to ride felt like I had never rode before. Went home put new sly dog attack skis adjusted bars controls and suspension. Rode next day while new sled!! Rides like my 23 expert does. Had two shredder ds both day mine changed and completely stock one. Everyone that rode them both said mine held side hill like Velcro and was easier to keep on edge! Ski didn’t push you back down.
Since then I have added 34 inch front end and this sled is my new favorite! Feels like a expert with amazing suspension.
I actually was going to put a 34 on as last ditch effort but would have to change my re shocks to ds. After riding in deep powder it seems like it might be over the top. Anything that easy is also that easy to go the oyher way. I'd like to try it but it's not worth it to change shocks. What is amazing, to me, is how light the 9r feels and this thing rides lighter in deep snow. I was thinking dry weight was 419 to 496.
I actually didn't like the expert. Still feels like searching front end wait for a yard sale. One buddy thought expert was same effort as old sled and the other thought it was harder. I think they both came off 2021s.

L
Mar 8, 2008
Im a BRP dealer i Norway who have sold Lynx for over 20 years now but i have been riding Ski Doo the last few years because they have been easier for me to ride( not as young and fit as i used to be) but this year i have 3900 DS Turbo R and a 154 Expert Turbo R im riding and the Expert was still easier to ride so i have made some changes to make it more to my liking. I put on a 34 inch front end from a Swedish company called woodpecker And a pair of pilot Ds 3 skis sentered on the spindle with durapro rubbers. The first ride i was not satisfied because it felt heavy on the skis(the new frontend also raised the front)so i let the limiter strap all the way out( just one hole from where it was and backed off the preload on the rear shock spring.
Now it felt like i got power steering, i took it out for a full day of riding today where the conditions is setup snow with maybe 10 inches of fresh on top and i freaking love this sled now. It rolls over on its side effortlessly and holds a sidehill better then any other sled i have had from BRP. I rode it back to back with the Expert( One that have a T- motion rear arm in it and one stock) and it lays over a lot easier compared to both and is more predictable sidehilling. The DS 3 still is a little twitchy crossing old hard tracks but i can live with that to get the light steering these skis have.
Im not saying this setup is for everyone but it made a sled that was hard for me to ride into one of the easiest to ride sleds i have ever had.

D
Dec 22, 2018

Cut ½ inch from both sides, makes night and day difference.

Left is stock DS+ ski and right one is the cutted obviously.

Blade_ds_plus_cut.jpg

Premium Features