• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

10.25" Software Update Install Info.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Caper11 already gave some good solid advices, here's few more:

-Always use your phones original cable, throw those gas station cables away
-On your iPhone go to settings -> brp go-> location-> click allow always. Also allow the app use your exact location.
-Download offline maps at home beforehand
-Make your friends also download the app and make the account even if they don't have the big screen. Add them as friends in the app. Make sure they have location settings right also
-create and plan the ride and add your friends and hit go. The app will locate riders every time there's even a slight service available.
-You can also download the app for your wife, friend, etc. who is not even riding. But lets say you go out alone, and something happens. Then they can see your last known location from home which surely can help the rescue team.
EXCELLENT SUGGESTIONS!

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Had this pop up in a FB group. Seems very helpful so I asked the OP permission to post here.

"Just did the update. Took me almost 2 hours to get it to work. I'm an IT guy and if it takes me that long, I can't imagine what others are going to go through. Many issues including:

- Screen kept turning off and I had to keep tapping the screen for it to continue downloading the update.

- Wifi did not reliably connect and I have very fast wifi/internet in my garage. Kept disconnecting and I had to forget the network altogether and add it back.

- Once I finally got the update downloaded, it suggested the update needed more battery voltage to install, which suggested I needed to start the machine. I did so and started the update. It never moved off of 0% for about 5 minutes. It didn't work...Not to mention Ski doo suggests you should not leave your ski doo idling, however you need to in order to install the update.

Here's what I had to do to make it work. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A FREERIDE WITH SHOT START AND 10.5" INCH SCREEN (May be different with electric start and work better in theory):

1. Start the machine and let it idle for 5 or so minutes to charge the battery.

2. Turn off the machine, and with the kill switch down, click the shot start. This should turn on the screen.

3. Make sure to connect to wifi network with strong signal

4. Go to preferences and click software update and click download update

5. Wait for update to download (10-15 minutes it took me). IMPORTANT: Keep tapping the screen once every 30 seconds or so or the screen will shut off and you'll have to start all over again.

6. Once download is finished, it will ask you to install but require you to start the machine in order to install.

7. Start your machine and click install update

8. Update should take less than 2-3 minutes to install and will reboot your screen when completed."

My gauge won’t turn on with shot button ??
Same exact sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Update, so BRP says it should work, maybe thats what the November update entailed?

Anyone get the ECM update done after November?

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
So, talking to a guy in Steamboat, a buddy of his has hacked into the 10.25 gauge and it will show anything you have on your phone.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I don't know the guy personally, but is a friend of my salesman at Steamboat. Apparently was up on Rabbit Ears watching Netflix on his gauge. So, it can be done. Need some tech wizards on here to do the same. I suspect we'll see improvements from BRP, but who knows when and to what extent. I'll post more if I can get more information.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I had an update installed at my dealer a few days before Christmas, but have NO Snow for riding

I am interested in your feedback to see if that gets the boost gauge to work and what you think of that 2024 flash in your 2023. Hopefully you get snow to try it out.

250mark1

Sep 4, 2012
Just got back from grizzly lodge in bc 3 days of riding
Boost gauge does not work at all on mine either
November update was done

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Just got back from grizzly lodge in bc 3 days of riding
Boost gauge does not work at all on mine either
November update was done

BRP wanted the ECM file off my sled, they said it should work. How did the sled run with the November flash in it. Any difference from last year?

250mark1

Sep 4, 2012
BRP wanted the ECM file off my sled, they said it should work. How did the sled run with the November flash in it. Any difference from last year?

Just bought the sled this fall so no comparison before /after the flash
My sled is going back to the dealer for a new coolant hose on warranty ,and a Bluetooth problem with the gauge I will have the check why the boost gauge is not working

Premium Features