• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTF is up with aftermarket suppliers?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Over SIX weeks now and I was told they would be on my door step last Wednesday....guess what, no parts. Anyone thinking of ordering Zbros parts, you had better think again. Even better is not one call from them with any kind of excuse or explanation of any sort. But, why should they care, they got their money.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I bent the stock a-arms bad on my dragon early in january, contacted z-broz to get me a set of a-arms but they where all sold out.

Contacted one of theyre dealers and had him put me on his list for this front end(obviously a long one). Was supposed to be available in mid february but havent heard anything yet....

Im glad i managed to bend my stock a-arms back so I could ride..

Not trying to talk **** about z-broz...as I have understood they make very good products. But looks like they underestimated the demand of this particular product big time!

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
its always a pain ordering sled parts during the winter, its long enough as it is but when ya throw in slow shipping due to buying from across the border its painful. I ordered z broz shocks that were a 3 week lead time, understandable since they are valved per order, now they ran out of parts at week 6.........I think:face-icon-small-con

Last edited:
Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
your answer is actually the best one here,

i ordered a electronic part by a aftermarket company, after payment i did not hear anything from that guys for days, i ring them and they told me they have some fresh powder and are out for having fun they send me the part when they come back home!! that happen 8 days later.

most of the aftermarket companies out there are BS. what make me really angry is, that few really serious guys out there who are running their business got lost by that BS aftermarket companies where you have to pay and then to wait weeeeks to get your 100USD part.

you are 100% correct. alot of these aftermarket companies are freakin idiots. They only got a couple months to really sell parts. You would think they would be ready.
This happens ever year. Last year I ordered a set of pistons for my 800r in october from western power sports. they didn't get any in untill the first part of january. by the end of january they were sold out. They only make one order for the year. So they only had spi t molly pistons in stock for less then a month out of the year.
This is just one example. It happens to me several times a year. this year I ordered a mountain machines performance two wheel kit conversion through western power sports about the first of january. It was on back order with no release date. the axle showed up a few weeks later. It has now ben over a month and I still don't have any composite wheels from MMP. :face-icon-small-dis

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I cancelled 3 orders of Exit shocks two years ago for the same reason. They ran out of parts and after "next week we'll have em and ship your order out" about 3 times I finally cancelled the order and got my customers Floats. Not what I wanted, not what they wanted, but in the end we made it work. I'd love to run Exit shocks but will definately be ordering in late spring to ensure delivery for fall.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I wasn't trying to bash on ZBro's either, that's why I left their name out of it for over a month. I've always heard good things about them so I thought I'd give them a try. Well, at least the other two companies told me up front, it would be the middle to end of Feb before we would get you any product. Up front, not six weeks later. Just too bad really since people who have their product, love it and try and tell others how happy they would be if they tried it. Well, I'd love to try, but they won't send me my parts. Patience is worn out on this one.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Well, a short 7 weeks later (and only because I said I would powder coat them myself) my parts showed up today. A big thanks to FreeAgent for chewing azz and never complaining about the taste. Now all is right in the universe again.....for the time being.

Premium Features