• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Severe weather or other safety alerts to your InReach, Zoleo, etc.

Hey everyone,

For many years, I have enjoyed lurking in this community for trip inspiration and as a place to learn about new products and solutions.

I am looking for people who enjoy remote adventures to test a new service I have launched, so I thought I'd reach out to this community.

Almost three years ago, my travels took me to Cape Scott Provincial Park, at the northern end of Vancouver Island, a remote area on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, where I spent a week. While there, I realized I would have had no way of getting notified of a distant earthquake and the resulting tsunami. My Garmin inReach would have allowed me to call for help in an emergency or to get a current forecast, but it couldn't alert me in the case of an immediate risk. Imagine a similar situation in an area at risk from flash flooding, forest fires or a tornado. When I got back to civilization, I tried to find a solution. Surprisingly, no one offered a notification solution using a satellite device like inReach!

So, I founded a company called Adiona Alert to provide the service I needed but couldn't find.

After more than two years of work, including testing the service over the last six months throughout North America and issuing over 2000 safety alerts, including severe weather, to our small fleet of test devices, we are beginning to invite people to join our Early Access program so they can start using the service today for free!

Given where your adventures likely take you, this community would be perfect to test our service. I would be honoured if you signed up for our Early Access program.

You would get these potentially live-saving alerts for free. All I ask in return is to share with my team and me your thoughts, suggestions and even complaints so we can improve the solution.

I would love you to visit our website - AdionaAlert.com, to learn more and apply for our Early Access program.

Thanks for considering this, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

J.S.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
More than happy to give it a try.
I am a subscriber to ALERTSUSA and find that service to be of great value, albeit VERY different from your focus.

More than happy to give it a try.
I am a subscriber to ALERTSUSA and find that service to be of great value, albeit VERY different from your focus.

Thanks Christopher! Looking forward to have you try the service and get your perspective, especially given your experience with AlertUSA.

You’re right, we are focussed on users in remote/off-grid area, where no one else is offering this type of service. We also offer the alerts wherever your travels take you, in the US and Canada, especially important for those of us who play on-both sides of the border.

You should get an email in the next day or two inviting you to tell us little more about your use case so we can invite you to join our Early Access program after the latest group is settled in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

J.S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks Christopher! Looking forward to have you try the service and get your perspective, especially given your experience with AlertUSA.

You’re right, we are focussed on users in remote/off-grid area, where no one else is offering this type of service. We also offer the alerts wherever your travels take you, in the US and Canada, especially important for those of us who play on-both sides of the border.

You should get an email in the next day or two inviting you to tell us little more about your use case so we can invite you to join our Early Access program after the latest group is settled in.

Let me know if you have any questions.

J.S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
went to your website and filled out the Early Access application last night.

went to your website and filled out the Early Access application last night.

Awesome! Thank you.

Very happy to see a few members of the SnoWest community interested. We appreciate the interest.

We sent you an email this morning inviting you to complete a screening questionnaire so we can invite a variety of users in small groups to begin using the service.

If you haven't seen it yet, check your spam folder, as some of our emails have been flagged as spam by some email service providers. If you can't find the email, send me a DM, and I can send you a personalized link.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We sent you an email this morning inviting you to complete a screening questionnaire so we can invite a variety of users in small groups to begin using the service.

If you haven't seen it yet, check your spam folder, as some of our emails have been flagged as spam by some email service providers. If you can't find the email, send me a DM, and I can send you a personalized link.
No trace of it as yet
And it was not sorted as spam either.

Premium Features