• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whining about weight

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Well, I'm glad you needed a thread to point out how weight no longer matters, and you even have a few reasons to validate your purchase. While its probably irking you that people are bashing your sled, its equally annoying seeing threads like this saying "blah blah blah I bought this sled and its great because I like it so back off blah blah blah" I mean at least post pictures or something so the thread has at least a little value.

Hmmm.....never saw anything that said weight didn't matter. He said he did not feel the wieght that much. There have been alot of threads by people who are bitching about the weight, but since not many have been delivered, there has not been much feed back. This has been mainly from people who have not ridden one yet. I haven't seen anyone bitching that has ridden one.

Now, why are you so irked that someone likes their sled and doesn't mind the weight? You know what irks me? Poo riders who bitch about people buying a great sled and liking it while not saying one thing bad about a Poomobile...... :)

Sounds like you wish you had bought a Cat.....

Last edited:
I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
I have great news!

While ditch banging I tipped the sled over on its side while coming off a 2 feet ledge of dirt or something. The sled's track was against the dirt ledge so I couldn't get enough leverage to right it.

Now to the good news! My riding partner came back! Fears that riding partners would leave 4 stroke riders behind when they need help have been greatly overblown!

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If I'm whinning about the weight of a 4 stroke and your there to here it, it prob means I'm giving someone chit for helping them get unstuck, at that point I can justify it.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Hmmm.....never saw anything that said weight didn't matter. He said he did not feel the wieght that much. There have been alot of threads by people who are bitching about the weight, but since not many have been delivered, there has not been much feed back. This has been mainly from people who have not ridden one yet. I haven't seen anyone bitching that has ridden one.

Now, why are you so irked that someone likes their sled and doesn't mind the weight? You know what irks me? Poo riders who bitch about people buying a great sled and liking it while not saying one thing bad about a Poomobile...... :)

Sounds like you wish you had bought a Cat.....

I never once said anything about cats. Why am I irked? I'm not irked just confused. I don't mind the track on my sled, should I make a thread about it? I don't mind anything about my sled...should I make a thread about each aspect of it I don't mind?

Also, I never once said anything bad about cats, and I don't even say much about polaris because everyone else has said everything worth saying. Regardless I don't see why you have to be so defensive and resort to making generalizations about polaris riders. The only reason I'm here like everyone else is to learn about the new cat. When I'm bored I tend to read the yamaha, polaris, and cat section and quite frankly I think the cat guys are letting the issue of weight get to them, if it works then let the sled do the talking and quit worrying about what people think on an internet forum.

and I actually considered buying a cat when I was searching for my sled. I wanted a 600 with a 155ish track, at the right price. I saw a cat that was actually in my range, but then found a polaris that was 2 years newer and 500 less miles for 300$ less so naturally thats what I bought. Cost means more to me than brand at this point(being a broke college student sucks)!

Last edited:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
It ANY form of motorsports power to weight ratio is everything....period...The lighter the better, yes I've ridden them all, had the apex,like to try the cat1100t, love my pro ect ect...but a much better statement would be its the lightest 4 stroke sled.
IMHO from years of this ANY brand sled if really fun when it is close to a 2.5 pound per HP ratio or better.
So we have

200 HP x 450 lbs = :becky:

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
They weigh what they weigh. We all know what they weigh. Let's weight them again, full of gas, not full of gas, with a super stuffed burrito in the goggle warmer. But that adds weight! Get rid of the burrito!, granola bars are lighter damnit! But food is lighter at elevation, further away from the core of the earth don't ya know, less gravity! Holy sh!t your right!, put that friggin burrito back in there damnit! I think snowest is running out of free tissue for the cry BB's. Put some of that in their goggle bags too!

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
As a SC Yamaha Apex rider, I have been dealing with the weight argument for the last 3 years or so....My comment is always: "Yep, it's heavy, lets go ride".

C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Why am I irked? I'm not irked just confused.

Actually, you said you found these types of threads annoying, not confusing.

I don't mind the track on my sled, should I make a thread about it? I don't mind anything about my sled...should I make a thread about each aspect of it I don't mind?

Umm....sure, believe it or not, this is a snowmobile forum. We actually discuss snowmobiles here. What you mind, don't mind, like, don't like, yesterdays ride, the beer you had after the ride, etc.... If we discussed only middle eastern politics, it wouldn't be a snowmobile forum.

Also, I never once said anything bad about cats, and I don't even say much about polaris because everyone else has said everything worth saying.

Then you have no reason to come here anymore. Everything has been said. Whew......that is a relief.

quite frankly I think the cat guys are letting the issue of weight get to them, if it works then let the sled do the talking and quit worrying about what people think on an internet forum.

Umm....people have said it is heavier than current mountain sled, but the owners who have ridden them love them. I have yet to find someone who is "letting the weight get to them". Actually, quite the opposite. The people who have ridden them say the wieght is not really a factor. Hence the reason for this thread.

and I actually considered buying a cat when I was searching for my sled. I wanted a 600 with a 155ish track, at the right price

Umm...not sure why you are interested in what a M1100T wieghs if you wanted and bought a 600. You are obviously not in the market.

still looking for that elusive 2012 cat v 2012 polaris video. Have yet to find on either the cat or polaris forum

You aren't looking hard enough. took me 10 seconds to find one. Which particular models and what does this have to do with the weight of a M1100t?

and I'm sure cat people feel the same way about stupid threads getting in the way of useful and inciteful ones.

Actually, the person who started this thread did not think it was stupid and no one who has responded, outside of yourself, thinks this either. Are you the thread god, who decides what threads are stupid and which ones are not? It is might be your opinion, but not a fact. If it is so stupid, then perhaps you should refrain from reading it further or posting a reply.

The only reason I'm here like everyone else is to learn about the new cat.

Well, you have learned something. Someone purchased a M1100T, rode it, and doesn't think the wieght is a big factor in ridablilty.

Got one coming, don't care about the wieght, looking foward to riding with anyone, Doo, Poo, Cat or Yammi. In the end, weight has no effect on the satisfaction and fun I get riding with my buddies no matter what brand they are on. If I can mark them, then maybe it is just a teenie bit funner..... :)

Last edited:

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
Ö
They weigh what they weigh. We all know what they weigh. Let's weight them again, full of gas, not full of gas, with a super stuffed burrito in the goggle warmer. But that adds weight! Get rid of the burrito!, granola bars are lighter damnit! But food is lighter at elevation, further away from the core of the earth don't ya know, less gravity! Holy sh!t your right!, put that friggin burrito back in there damnit! I think snowest is running out of free tissue for the cry BB's. Put some of that in their goggle bags too!

Mmmmmmmm burrito.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Anyone know on paper how the 1100T compares to a stock Nytro as far as wieght??

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I have some paper, Ill weight them both on paper and let you know.

The paper is .00456321oz before sled is applied.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Anyone know on paper how the 1100T compares to a stock Nytro as far as wieght??

I think they are heavier but the cat is a way nicer machine than the nytro. I had a nytro. If you are worried about weight you shouldn't have bought one because they are heavy. Same goes for the 800. The pro is lighter and is always going to be lighter. They are about 40 pounds lighter any way you twist it. If you like the pro, you should. If you like the cat, They will be an awesome sled once a few issues are worked out. I weighed my pc 153 and my wif's turboed pro with bathroom scale. They are both rtr. I had 27 pounds difference. Not very accurate but I don't care. Wasn't doing it for anyone else. I'm not comparing apples to apples. I don't care. I already knew hers was lighter. There are bigger issues out there such as how they ride and handle. They are close enough in weight that it is rider preference. Heck, in 2008 the xp was supposed to be lighter than the pro but you couldn't give me one. They were the heaviest riding sled out there to me.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
I think they are heavier but the cat is a way nicer machine than the nytro. I had a nytro. If you are worried about weight you shouldn't have bought one because they are heavy. Same goes for the 800. The pro is lighter and is always going to be lighter. They are about 40 pounds lighter any way you twist it. If you like the pro, you should. If you like the cat, They will be an awesome sled once a few issues are worked out. I weighed my pc 153 and my wif's turboed pro with bathroom scale. They are both rtr. I had 27 pounds difference. Not very accurate but I don't care. Wasn't doing it for anyone else. I'm not comparing apples to apples. I don't care. I already knew hers was lighter. There are bigger issues out there such as how they ride and handle. They are close enough in weight that it is rider preference. Heck, in 2008 the xp was supposed to be lighter than the pro but you couldn't give me one. They were the heaviest riding sled out there to me.

Your saying the Cat is heavier? Believe me I am not worried about wieght, I wouldn't be riding a turbo Nytro if wieght was an issue. I am just curious.

Thanks

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Like it or not, weight is an issue in the mountains. I guess it all depends on what type of riding you do that will make it more or less of an issue. You can say weight doesn't bother you, but there is no disputing the fact Yamaha is clearly trying to loose weight on their 4 stroke mtn sleds, obviously to help increase their marketshare(wheres the apex?). Therfore one could conclude the general masses might actually be looking for a lighter platform. I think this is an awesome machine, built for a particular niche in the mountain market. Not necesarilly my first choice, but I wont say no if I get the chance to ride one. I am glad many people are happy with their purchase, but I am sure there is also a few who are a little disapointed. . Thus, you have the whining, as the masses were expecting lighter.
IMO anyone who bought one should have known what they were getting, and undoubtidly will have a blast riding the first production, performance 4 stroke turbo mountain sled on the market.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
It ANY form of motorsports power to weight ratio is everything....period...The lighter the better, yes I've ridden them all, had the apex,like to try the cat1100t, love my pro ect ect...but a much better statement would be its the lightest 4 stroke sled.
IMHO from years of this ANY brand sled if really fun when it is close to a 2.5 pound per HP ratio or better.
So we have

200 HP x 450 lbs = :becky:

Time to get the old calcumulator out, me thinks. Give it another try there Albert.:face-icon-small-hap

S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
Like it or not, weight is an issue in the mountains. I guess it all depends on what type of riding you do that will make it more or less of an issue. You can say weight doesn't bother you, but there is no disputing the fact Yamaha is clearly trying to loose weight on their 4 stroke mtn sleds, obviously to help increase their marketshare(wheres the apex?). Therfore one could conclude the general masses might actually be looking for a lighter platform. I think this is an awesome machine, built for a particular niche in the mountain market. Not necesarilly my first choice, but I wont say no if I get the chance to ride one. I am glad many people are happy with their purchase, but I am sure there is also a few who are a little disapointed. . Thus, you have the whining, as the masses were expecting lighter.
IMO anyone who bought one should have known what they were getting, and undoubtidly will have a blast riding the first production, performance 4 stroke turbo mountain sled on the market.

Actually , the weight is not an issue , that was the point of this thread, the people that keep saying the weight is an issue, hasn't rode them , I have, and all I ride is mountains , these sleds are amazing straight out of the box , and the only people I've heard say anything bad about them , has never rode one or likely even sat on one in a showroom , stop speculating about something you know nothing about

Premium Features