• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN will yamaha come out with a new chassis...is there hope???????

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Going to the SnowShow can be very helpful in gaining additional insight into whats coming...

More Rumors about the 2014..

Chaincase has replaced with beltdrive for weight savings!!

The 2014 sled will be well worth waiting for....

Bye, bye reverse.......unless we're talking about the new Yamaha 2 stroke......ooops.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Another interesting comment heard last night.

Yamaha has been playing with a lightweight high performance two cylinder engine in some test sleds.....

Sent from my Apple iPhone 4S using the TapaTalk app.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Could it be that in pursuit of a better lighter new nytro that Yamaha has decided NOT to reinvent the wheel, but has signed an OEM agreement with SPG for lightweight parts and MPI for turbos/supercharger components for the 2014 Nytro.....

Hmmmmm

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have NO idea. But there continues to be a LOT of SPG materials in the Yamaha display booths at all the snowmobile shows....

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Look for a continuation of "Boosted" options, both Supercharged and Turbocharged...

Agreed......just saw the 2013 version of Yamaha's mpi turbo for low elevations (4psi boost). It is the cleanest, lightest install yet. My dealer has 2 kits, and I am bringing my scale to weigh one of them. For the installed one I saw, I was thinking 20 lbs max.

Also heard that Yami has just pulled (last week) the low elevation turbo in favor of the supercharger sighting "reliablity concerns"....now that would really suck. At least I know where one kit is!

OTM

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
Another interesting comment heard last night.

Yamaha has been playing with a lightweight high performance two cylinder engine in some test sleds.....

Going to the SnowShow can be very helpful in gaining additional insight into whats coming...

More Rumors about the 2014..

Chaincase has replaced with beltdrive for weight savings!!

The 2014 sled will be well worth waiting for....

Bye, bye reverse.......unless we're talking about the new Yamaha 2 stroke......ooops.

now I never heard this rumor just adding fuel to a already out of control rumor fire!
what if Cat and Yamaha combine their engine technologys to build one high performance, direct injected, crossplain crank, oil bathed, lightweight two stroke engine with the reliablity of a 4?
belt drive, reverse, lightweight, high performance, reliability all rolled into one engine package for both companys?

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
I wanna play

Iqr tube chassis,Nytro motor, problem solved:)

664871_4837929750192_160561302_o.jpg

133374_4849149310674_1653955624_o.jpg

Don't you guys have a mounting plate for a stock setup and nytro?

2012snow072.jpg

newmachineiqrr027.jpg

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Could it be that in pursuit of a better lighter new nytro that Yamaha has decided NOT to reinvent the wheel, but has signed an OEM agreement with SPG for lightweight parts and MPI for turbos/supercharger components for the 2014 Nytro.....

Hmmmmm

I bought my 2012 Nytro from Skinz. Jeff told me that they did this one up for Yamaha to be displayed at shows and conventions. They bought it back from Yamaha after they were done with it. Seems like they have a very close relationship :face-icon-small-win

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Why would Yamaha have to sign on with Skinz and MPI ? Yamaha can mfg and engineer their own A-arms and i'm sure they can make something better than either of these products ! These companies didn't invent anything ! Yamaha can copy products just like they copied theirs !

If i see Yamaha show up with that stuff on the front and rear end i'm going to Polaris ! The reliability will be on par LOL. If this is the case (I highly highly doubt it) Yamaha will have missed the mark and can close the door to its market share !

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
The Nytro has been around for 6 model years. I don't think Yamaha will "tweak" the Nytro with new geometry. It's time for a new chassis, and I think we'll see one.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
More comments heard on the show floor from some very long term Yamaha folks..

New nytro in 2014
Same engine as current
XTX configuration in short track for 2014.
MTX long track for 2015.

Premium Features