• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN will yamaha come out with a new chassis...is there hope???????

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Soooo... a Nytro motor in Proclimb chassis???...... Not impressed. yamaha could do so much better if they want to. Proclimb is the worst mountain chassis out of all three IMO

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Well, it looks like we will indeed be getting an arctic cat with a yamaha motor. What a huge letdown. So we can expect to have a crooked motor from the factory, clutches that don't line up, half metric bolts, half SAE bolts, in a heavy, ill handling proclimb chassis that i have never liked, etc, etc, etc. :noidea:

And then the big news for 2015 will be a yamaha motor in a proclimb mountain chassis? disgust.

Last edited:
Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
Well, it looks like we will indeed be getting an arctic cat with a yamaha motor. What a huge letdown. So we can expect to have a crooked motor from the factory, clutches that don't line up, half metric bolts, half SAE bolts, in a heavy, ill handling proclimb chassis that i have never liked, etc, etc, etc. :noidea:

And then the big news for 2015 will be a yamaha motor in a proclimb mountain chassis? disgust.

The half metric, half SAE is so true and enough to piss me off right there.

M

martin

Feb 4, 2008
South Dakota

If you look at the picture again, notice the tunnel on the sled. That is a 2012 Arctic Cat with a blue wrap kit on it. They had updates last year because that style of tunnel would crease or kink when weight was added to the tunnel. The 2013 Cats have a flat tunnel.

new2014Yamaha1.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
At this point I wouldn't Jump to any serious conclusions. We really don't know many hard details about the next sled. It's all 2nd hand info....

Sent from my Apple iPhone 5 using the TapaTalk app.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
now if someone still have doubts about yamaha and arctic cat join venture......three new groomed trail sleds, nytro motor, n/a.

new2014Yamaha1.png

if anybody thinks yammi would use ac 2012 chassi give your head a shake:face-icon-small-dis give yammi a little more credit than that.even if they used the same chassi they would change the look why would you try to sell a sled that looks just like your competition, you think you mite lose some sales.:face-icon-small-sho yammi make 4 stroke kickers 15hp & down for mercury & they look totally diff,it would be retarded from a sales stand point. people are really reaching to start stupid rumers.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Perhaps they are sharing technology....thats cool. But the big question for me is where is it built?....if its built in Thief River Falls i'm not interested....period. If built in Japan, then we are talking!

Cat's Q.C. is non-existent just like polaris, i really can't fathom yamaha putting their name on a Cat. But, they did it on the 120 and that worries me for sure

Last edited:
K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Question is.... If yamaha and AC enter into shared technologies I don't think the AC 1100 motor will be around for long... As the New Yamee motors will replace on the 4S front. Why I think this is as if my memory serves me correct AC patented forward 4S exhaust c/w Turbo which AC utilized MCX to design turbo system for the 660 engine in 2002 release. This will allow Yamaha to have forward exiting exhaust... With a factory turbo. And AC could utilize Yamaha's 2 stroke direct technologies.... AC has a long way to go to compete with Yamaha on 4s.. I follow WSB and MotoGP... Have u heard of M1!! 240 bhp naturally aspirated Cross-plane 4.... Now that is cool. Check it out.

Yup... Yamee motor in the PC chassis.... Forward exiting!!!! Will it have a compressor??? I hope so!! Maybe X plane.... Come on RS give me a thumbs up...

Cheers

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Perhaps they are sharing technology....thats cool. But the big question for me is where is it built?....if its built in Thief River Falls i'm not interested....period. If built in Japan, then we are talking!

Cat's Q.C. is non-existent just like polaris, i really can't fathom yamaha putting their name on a Cat. But, they did it on the 120 and that worries me for sure

big diff on a sled you sell a few hundred models to one you sell thousands plus a sled that goes 15mph to one that does 100mph.anyway iam about 90% sure this is all rumor anyway.

natedawgedog

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2011
dlg ak
cat's nasdaq report for this morning, all public info now...

Arctic Cat Announces Engine and Co-Brand Agreements with Yamaha Motor Corporation

Combines Arctic Cat’s snowmobile chassis and suspension with leading 4-stroke engines; Gives Arctic Cat customers broader range of snowmobile engine choices

MINNEAPOLIS --
Arctic Cat Inc. (NASDAQ: ACAT) announced today that it has entered into an engine supply agreement with Yamaha Motor Corporation, expanding Arctic Cat’s purchase of Yamaha snowmobile engines starting in the 2014 model year. Arctic Cat initially entered into an agreement to purchase Yamaha 123cc 4-stroke engines for its youth snowmobile in 2009. This agreement has now been expanded to include select 4-stroke engines from Yamaha.
Arctic Cat’s Snow Division Vice President and General Manager Brad Darling said, “The engine purchase agreement with Yamaha, combined with the engines that we plan to manufacture in house, will provide Arctic Cat’s customers with the most well-rounded engine choices when it comes to technology, reliability and horsepower.”
Arctic Cat’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Claude Jordan stated, “Our current Arctic Cat snowmobile chassis is renowned for its lightweight, bump control and precision handling. Combine that with the new performance engine options from Yamaha, as well as our state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility in St. Cloud, Minnesota, and we guarantee there will be exciting years ahead for Arctic Cat enthusiasts.”

In addition to expanding the engine supply agreement with Yamaha, Arctic Cat also has expanded a co-branding agreement to build select Yamaha snowmobiles in Arctic Cat’s Thief River Falls, Minn., factory according to Yamaha’s specifications. This agreement began in 2012, with Arctic Cat building the Yamaha SRX 120 youth model snowmobile, and now will include full-size performance snowmobiles starting with model year 2014. These snowmobiles will be built to Yamaha specifications using Yamaha 4-stroke engines.
“We are pleased that our relationship with Yamaha continues to grow and with the opportunities ahead for both companies,” added Jordan. “Going forward, we believe this relationship will provide tremendous value to Arctic Cat, our customers, our dealers and our shareholders.”
Arctic Cat Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures and markets all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), side-by-sides and snowmobiles under the Arctic Cat® brand name, as well as related parts, garments and accessories. Its common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “ACAT.” More information about Arctic Cat and its products is available at www.arcticcat.com.

Premium Features