• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What sled are you buying for the 2011-2012 season?

WHAT SLED WILL YOU BUY FOR NEXT SEASON

• PRO RMK

Votes: 513 46.8%
  • XP

Votes: 173 15.8%
  • M SERIES

Votes: 282 25.7%
  • NITRO

Votes: 55 5.0%
  • OTHER

Votes: 74 6.7%

• Total voters
I

idaspud

Dec 22, 2007
Mtns of Idaho
just dropped some cash

Just put down the Snowcheck for 3 Poo's. One 163 black, el start, for me,
one 163 Orange, no el start for son-in-law and one 155 Retro el start for daughter. All the same price. After riding a demo for two days we could not pass it up. Most amazing machine. Have to learn to ride all over again but can dooo. Oh, by the way, cooked out two doo engines in 3 days a couple of weeks ago. One had 549 miles on it and the 08 800 had 4000 miles on it. No more doos for me.

Last edited:
S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
After having bought 6 new 800's from Ski-doo since 2006 it is time to make a change for me. I Snow Checked a Pro this week. Black 155 from Carl's Cycle in Boise. I am not dissipointed in my Doo's at all, just want to try a little more flickable sled for a change. All my doos have been super dependable for 1200 or so great hard miles. My gutt feeling is that Ski-doo will come to the plate with something that will blow our socks off in 2013. Until then I will be trying hard to blow up my new Pro! I bet it holds up great!

Last edited:
I

idaspud

Dec 22, 2007
Mtns of Idaho
Hey Slayer

I thought about the 155 but I weigh in at over 230 and when I rode the Poo 155 I got stuck here in McCall at least twice when I would not have on my Doo with a 154 track. So I went with the 163. Just my feelings about the one inch narrower track the Poo has. Spud.

Last edited:
D
Oct 13, 2008
2 new poo pro's for me both 163's. One orange for me and 1 black for the wife. I cannot say a bad word about our 07 doos. they have been awsome sleds and will out climb the new pro's and e-techs. They are not stock though,
. I have been doo loyal sine 97 and just wanted to try something different. The handling and light weight does not hurt though.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
After getting to spend 3 hours riding the 2012 Arctic Cat mountain sleds I Snow checked a 2012 Proclimb M800 SP LE 153 50th Anniversary Retro Black :wave:

Last edited:

togwotee9

The Baconator
Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2008
Council Bluffs, IA
It's kind of hard to decide until every sled company has shown the 2012 models. But here's an interesting side thought. At what cost per gallon of gas does sledding or any other motorized recreation become too expensive? With all the new turmoil in the middle east having an immediate upward effect on gas prices, some are already predicting $5 (or more) per gallon. Do we want to drop $12,000 on a toy that we can't afford to fuel? And you also have to add the fuel costs of trailering hundreds of miles to the mountains.
I know it's a bummer, but you have to wonder.:face-icon-small-dis

If gas hits $10.00 a gallon I'll still be riding, pretty sure others will be right behind me too. :nod:

It's already $4.00- 4.50 a gallon where I ride on the mountain.

But lets say you burn 200 gallons a season, thats only $300 difference from $3.50 to $5.00, are you going to let $300 keep you from the powder???

Last edited:

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
If gas hits $10.00 a gallon I'll still be riding, pretty sure others will be right behind me too. :nod:

It's already $4.00- 4.50 a gallon where I ride on the mountain.

But lets say you burn 200 gallons a season, thats only $300 difference from $3.50 to $5.00, are you going to let $300 keep you from the powder???

Not me, gas hits 5 per gallon I'm selling everything, wife/kids/house/cars/toys and moving to the hills. Wait gas costs more there...

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
Polaris Pro 163 orange for next year. I've been riding Ski Doo but after a demo day on the new Etec and Pro side by side I'm going with the Pro. I think those new Cat's are beautiful and after looking at them I think the guys buying those sleds are going to be getting some nice machines. One of the biggest hold ups for me my dealer doesn't sell Cat anymore. I think possibly Cat could have changed my mind with a demo ride but with no demo I'm not going down that road.
:beer;

Now let's pray for another snow year like the one we had here in Utah this year.

P

portaboy

Feb 18, 2009
have you guys that have ridden the new pros noticed a power loss or gain against the etec or the cats i know im gonna snowcheck a 155 this week have a doo and really like it but time for a change

I

idaspud

Dec 22, 2007
Mtns of Idaho
have you guys that have ridden the new pros noticed a power loss or gain against the etec or the cats i know im gonna snowcheck a 155 this week have a doo and really like it but time for a change

I have not ridden the new etec or cats but the new poo runs strong enough for me. The ride is what is important and the handling is excellent. I can get into enough trouble with the power they all have.

Spud

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC

Nah, with all the hype over the lower dyno numbers through the summer I had the same worries....right until I rode the thing.

And if you want big HP....I rode with one with the silber turbo kit installed and that setup looks right at home in there ;)

P

portaboy

Feb 18, 2009
I have not ridden the new etec or cats but the new poo runs strong enough for me. The ride is what is important and the handling is excellent. I can get into enough trouble with the power they all have.

Spud

snowchecked this friday 155 hopefully the thing is what ive been reading about will ride with 3 doos 2 cats this coming year and me time will tell thanks guys

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I don't know what I'm going to do now.. After riding the 12' cats my head is all tied up like a pretzel... PRO OR CAT??

Premium Features