• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tough year to sell a used sled

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
With the late winter and/or no winter in some parts of the West, I have noticed in out local market the same sleds for sale for months. One guys like new Lynx has seen a nearly 5k price drop. Not one bite on the sled I'm trying to sell. Pretty much have given up hope for this season and hope an early winter next season has people looking to buy again.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Same here I buy high and sell low as well. Story of my life. First yr since forever no new sled ordered. Keeping both sleds for next yr. Ride polaris so need at least two
If a man was in the market for a left over or a low mile used sled, it would be a good time to purchase one.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
That's what I did. I've been renting for a few years after blowing up my '17 850 and all the covid crazy prices after. I found a low mile '21 turbo for what I thought was a great deal. Happy with waiting it out now.

O
Mar 5, 2018
Huge number of 23 and 24s sitting in dealers right now. Was going to buy a new 23 ski doo the other day at Clems in Enumclaw. Great price. Turned out it was not new, no warranty, and they wanted to charge freight and set up on it. I guess dealers are still being dealers.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I just occasionally peruse Craigslist, but I'm not seeing bargains stacking up near me so far - most on there are overpriced sleds gathering dust. It's definitely a buyers' market though; mediocre snow and even worse economy at work. I suppose it's a nice time to be more of a bottom feeder: sleds like a basic AXYS or especially Pros will only bring so much no matter how nice, and it's cheap enough that you're happy to get a couple seasons out of it and walk away. Of course, since Dec. I've easily spent more money on my sled than payments would be on a new one. But I'll take four months of payments over twelve...

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Low snow always makes it tough to sell sleds. Friend has a nice 2022 stock hardcore with 800 miles. He's below $9k and not getting much action on it. Saw same sled in a different color with 600 miles being fire saled for less than $7k. New chassis introduction on the Cat side made everyone's sleds worth less on top of the poor snow year and abundance of Doo and Poo holdovers too.

Premium Features