• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo R recall

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Fuel line rubbing.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Saw this coming when I torn my sled down in early December. Bunch of hurry up and get it done work on the 23’s hoping it’s better for 24. Just wrap it the reflective cloth wrap, mesh sock line or heat tape that you find various other places on the sled. Doo has had this problem on turbos since 20.5 did the reflective cloth on that one the 21 and the 23 problemless so far. The g4 rubbed in a few different places on the main fuel line.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
I have a 23 turbo free ride, never got any notice about this. recall is dated july 14. any one have a pic of exactly where this is at?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I have a 23 turbo free ride, never got any notice about this. recall is dated july 14. any one have a pic of exactly where this is at?
I have the same sled and just got an email notice 2 days ago from BRP regarding the recall. hopefully someone will post the bulletin outlining the procedure although it would be easy to figure out on your own.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
just had the recall completed. ‘23 sled obviously has just one season on it and has low miles. tech said that the rubbing was severe enough that in addition to rerouting/reorienting the fuel line they also had to replace it which was a bit surprising.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
thanks, i was planning on not bringing it in and just doing any fuel line rerouting myself because i thought there'd be no chafing. sled has 377 miles which is more than i remembered.

Premium Features