• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail tech voyager for us doo owners

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
That didn't narrow it down much. It does appear the GPS head drops into the cage so maybe it still mates up with the dock. If so, then the bolts would go through the dock, then the cage, then the RAM mount then into a nut (or vice versa).Voyager RAM Mount w EXO.JPG

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Any updates here? Guessing 'Doo has not gotten their buddy tracking ready since we haven't heard anything. Probably wasted $1000+ on the large screen so looking to Trail Tech since half of riding friends are on Poo anyway.

Finding my poo riding buddies is easy, just turn around and yah find them in your track they are trying to poach.

JK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
That didn't narrow it down much. It does appear the GPS head drops into the cage so maybe it still mates up with the dock. If so, then the bolts would go through the dock, then the cage, then the RAM mount then into a nut (or vice versa).View attachment 408342
FWIW - the standard dock (left item in photo) sits inside the cage over the four mounting holes and bolts through to whatever mounting setup you're using. Edit - misread your post. You are correct, bolts go through dock, through cage, into mounting plate.

The cage itself has side plates that hold the unit in place and it cannot be removed unless you remove the 8 allen screws - these break very easily FYI - suggest using anti-seize on install. I wouldn't run this unit on a sled without the cage as it can pop out of the standard "dock" rather easily. That said, if you ever felt the need to pull it to bench charge it or fiddle with it off the sled it's a PITA - see my previous post for further gripes. Loved it when it worked but it was inconsistent and the internal battery was/is useless.

S
Sep 21, 2016
Van Isl
If you can charge every night the internal battery works fine for single days. I use the dock that comes with it then bought the 110 charger to charge after each ride. I use the hd aluminum dock on the sled. Please post pics on a battery install too please.
I'm going the same route - units just arrived today. Couple questions for ya:
- I don't see the knob that comes stock on the aluminum dock - did you replace it with a screw or...? If you didn't replace it, what did you use to provide the gap required so the knob doesn't conflict with the sled body?
- what did you use for your power source, the plug under the dash or under the hood?

onedoubles

Lifetime Membership
Jan 25, 2018
If you can charge every night the internal battery works fine for single days. I use the dock that comes with it then bought the 110 charger to charge after each ride. I use the hd aluminum dock on the sled. Please post pics on a battery install too please.

Can you post more/closer pics of the mount…and would you mind sharing the mount link? Wasn’t sure if I’ve found the right one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P

pnw.yami

Oct 23, 2020
Haven't installed mine yet but looking at using the grip-n-rip 3-pin plug for the spare accessory plug under the hood? 🤷‍♂️
This one?

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Skip to MINUTE 8:00 to see how it is bolted in place.

Have you looked into seeing if the Garmin Zumo XT2 will buddy track with the Trail Tech or Poo gauges?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
It looks like the Garmin is similar to the skidoo gauge. You have to have the same device to track each other.
How could you tell that?
I couldn't see anything looking over the specs.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case though...

P
Feb 4, 2008
Cle Elum, WA
How could you tell that?
I couldn't see anything looking over the specs.
It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case though...

“Use the Tread app on your smartphone and/or zūmo XT2 device to track friends with the Group Ride Mobile feature1. Or use the Group Ride Radio accessory2 (sold separately) and the Group Ride Radio Y-adapter Cable (sold separately) for —tracking other zūmo XT2-equipped riders— with no cellular coverage needed.”

That’s is what I got from the last part of this statement.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I bought one directly from Trailtech a couple weeks ago. Everything installed well and all looked good until I tried to add a new map. The micro-SD card would not read, Tried 3 freshly formated cards before contacting Trail-Tech to look into shipping back for warranty, It is with them now and I am waiting to hear.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I bought one directly from Trailtech a couple weeks ago. Everything installed well and all looked good until I tried to add a new map. The micro-SD card would not read, Tried 3 freshly formated cards before contacting Trail-Tech to look into shipping back for warranty, It is with them now and I am waiting to hear.
Please keep us in the loop as to what happens.

U
Apr 20, 2020
I wired up my Voyager Pro to my 2024 Summit Expert N/A using a Grip-n-Rip 3-prong adapter on the accessory plug up front. When the sled is running, the Voyager Pro is powered and works great.

I then wired in a small 12V battery, and although it powers the trail tech when the sled is off, the headlights and taillight also turn on with the sled off.

I've wired the battery to the 3-prong accessory plug under the gas tank with another Grip-n-Rip adapter and also connected it to the same leads on the front accessory plug adapter as the trail tech. Same scenario both locations. I've connected to the black and red wires on the Grip-n-Rip adapters.

Has anyone else wired in a battery and had the lights stay on? Any suggestions?
I haven't tried connecting to the 2-prong adapter under the console, but I see no reason why that would act any differently than the 3-prongs.

Premium Features