• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail tech voyager for us doo owners

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
How are you guys mounting it to the gen5 ?

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
How are you guys mounting it to the gen5 ?
I have bought the UTV package for the trailtech. it installs nicely on the bar riser, can be moved up or down, doesn't fill up with snow, and works well when rolling over. It comes with a ram mount that works perfectly. You can buy this mount separately but you might as well buy it with the mount. We have 4 of these mounted the same way and I have ordered a 5th for the extra sled. The 5th has been on order since Dec. Note, I took the picture from the seat a little low. I can see my gauge fine when standing and riding other than its always covered in snow(the gauge), the trailtech doesn't block its view.

IMG_1644.jpgIMG_1645.jpgIMG_1646.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I have bought the UTV package for the trailtech. it installs nicely on the bar riser, can be moved up or down, doesn't fill up with snow, and works well when rolling over. It comes with a ram mount that works perfectly. You can buy this mount separately but you might as well buy it with the mount. We have 4 of these mounted the same way and I have ordered a 5th for the extra sled. The 5th has been on order since Dec. Note, I took the picture from the seat a little low. I can see my gauge fine when standing and riding other than its always covered in snow, the trailtech doesn't block its view.

So this HAS this been a good solid mount for you.?
No ROLL OVER issues?

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
So this HAS this been a good solid mount for you.?
No ROLL OVER issues?
The ram mount is awesome, it will let you move it around and I never worry about when I roll my sled. It's probably the easiest way to mount the trailtec and the least invasive. I tried bolting below and next to the gauge on my Gen4 but I much prefer this option for visibility, ease, and stability.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The ram mount is awesome, it will let you move it around and I never worry about when I roll my sled. It's probably the easiest way to mount the trailtec and the least invasive. I tried bolting below and next to the gauge on my Gen4 but I much prefer this option for visibility, ease, and stability.
thanks

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
If anyone is wanting one of these immediately I will sell mine as is, comes with the dock and protector (protector does prevent it from easily being taken off the sled), a few bar mounts I didn't end up using, wall charger, various other bits, and all items that come with the "snow" kit. PM me if you want it.

Worked when the sled was running, couldn't ever get tracks to show up but that could have been user error. I had it mounted to my dash as shown in the photos. Never had an issue with rollovers in this configuration. Buddy tracking with polaris worked, just not consistently. Perhaps as others have mentioned, installing an in-line battery could overcome this issue.

66658887983__2FD794B8-812B-4904-A398-98972561B847.jpeg 66658886774__89F4B07F-1FC4-425F-913E-351686E9C2A4.jpeg

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Any updates here? Guessing 'Doo has not gotten their buddy tracking ready since we haven't heard anything. Probably wasted $1000+ on the large screen so looking to Trail Tech since half of riding friends are on Poo anyway.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any updates here? Guessing 'Doo has not gotten their buddy tracking ready since we haven't heard anything. Probably wasted $1000+ on the large screen so looking to Trail Tech since half of riding friends are on Poo anyway.
My plan is to install my TrailTechs this fall just as soon as the new sled arrives.
AND
If/When we get a software/hardware update from Doo to install that as well.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Does the fancy EXO cage protector trap the docking block to the back and bolt the RAM mount through it? I'm not seeing how the protector would mount up and allow the head unit to come free of the docking block without hardware removal. This may be preferred for retaining the head unit on the machine, but information is a little hard to find currently.
I have my RINO RAM mounted to the center of my 2" bar riser and I think the Voyager would fit in that spot with the best visibility and least interference. Looking forward to reviews.
Also, looking at the speed feature. Given the gear down options of sleds, could the magnetic bolt be replaced by a small magnet epoxied on the backside of the secondary clutch with a corresponding weight opposite to keep the clutch in balance? Then do your calculations to determine the "tire size" that equals the correct value for track speed?

Last edited:
Premium Features