• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail Tech GPS on AXYS

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
After searching old posts, I can't find to much on install for non ES Axys'. Other than a guy from MN that hasn't been on here for years.
Wondering what type of power/charging system anyone is running on a Non Electric Start Axys to an aftermarket GPS ? So I can use the GPS when sled is not running.
My sled has the STD (non GPS) gauge. Needing to run constant power to a Voyager Pro GPS.

Looking at purchasing the Polaris cable p/n 2411513 that runs from above the brake rotor plug to the battery for an ES sled.
I have an 12v Earthx battery to utilize from my dirtbike, which shows it having "battery management system (BMS) protects the cells from over discharge, over charge, short circuit, heat (excessive cranking), and have built in cell balancing technology"
Then run the power from battery to the Voyager.
Curious if anyone has ran this type of LiFePO4 battery and if it has held up to constant voltage from the sled ?
Or would a small trickle charger be an option to run between the sleds 12vdc and battery ?

Last edited:
R
Jan 3, 2018
Lake Tahoe
After searching old posts, I can't find to much on install for non ES Axys'. Other than a guy from MN that hasn't been on here for years.
Wondering what type of power/charging system anyone is running on a Non Electric Start Axys to an aftermarket GPS ? So I can use the GPS when sled is not running.
My sled has the STD (non GPS) gauge. Needing to run constant power to a Voyager Pro GPS.

Looking at purchasing the Polaris cable p/n 2411513 that runs from above the brake rotor plug to the battery for an ES sled.
I have an 12v Earthx battery to utilize from my dirtbike, which shows it having "battery management system (BMS) protects the cells from over discharge, over charge, short circuit, heat (excessive cranking), and have built in cell balancing technology"
Then run the power from battery to the Voyager.
Curious if anyone has ran this type of LiFePO4 battery and if it has held up to constant voltage from the sled ?
Or would a small trickle charger be an option to run between the sleds 12vdc and battery ?
I did the same exact thing on my 17 Axys. Only difference is I was running a Garmin Montana handheld. I bought the factory wire harness and factory battery holder that plugged and bolted right in place. Honestly I can't remember exactly how I wired the Montana in, all I know is both my computer for the sled and the Montana would stay on with the key in the on position. I would use the kill switch for when I needed to kill or start the sled. Leaving the key in the on position. Never turning it off until i was done for the day. While the sled was running the Montana was charging. I also used a lithium ion battery similar to what you're talking about. It worked flawlessly for years. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The Voyager Pro snow kit comes with everything you need. It has an internal battery and you just hook the power cable to the accessory bullet connector under your hood. It will charge when the sled is running. To charge when off the sled I just found a 12 volt wall adapter and made up a suitable plug. Trailtech sells extra docks too but I did it on the cheap.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
The Voyager Pro snow kit comes with everything you need. It has an internal battery and you just hook the power cable to the accessory bullet connector under your hood. It will charge when the sled is running. To charge when off the sled I just found a 12 volt wall adapter and made up a suitable plug. Trailtech sells extra docks too but I did it on the cheap.
Looking to have GPS on at all times, especially when sled is turned off, as to not have to restart GPS every start up and to view maps.
Just have to remember to shut it off at the end of the day lol

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Found this simple bracket that I'll mount beside the chaincase.
Battery is an Earthx ETX12A
Dimensions: 4.5" L x 2.6" W x 3.7" H
Weigth 1.3 lbs

1702918402924.png

C
Nov 29, 2008
Just wondering best location for buddy tracking antanae? I have it on the backside of the tank plastics so it's protected ....better suggestions / experience re best reception?

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Looking to have GPS on at all times, especially when sled is turned off, as to not have to restart GPS every start up and to view maps.
Just have to remember to shut it off at the end of the day lol
The trail tech has its own battery and will stay on after machine is turned off, you should not need an external battery to keep it running.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Roger that. The few in our group have been having some issues with the internal batteries on last weeks trip, but they are on Doo.
First trip out with the Trail Tech, and awesome to have the buddy tracking. Playing hide and seek lots lol.

Premium Features