• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

THOUGHT I HAD SEEN EVERYTHING - 1950cc

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
ttt

CRAP. i say that climb live and didn't realize that was the 2.0l until just now watching the video. i would have liked to came over and looked at it...

W

WesG

Nov 26, 2007
Chetwynd, BC
Are you riding this weekend?

Dave are you still down south? If not are you heading out this weekend? Looks like the belt issues have been solved :D We have good snow finally so we are going to rip it up this weekend.

Wes

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
Dave are you still down south? If not are you heading out this weekend? Looks like the belt issues have been solved :D We have good snow finally so we are going to rip it up this weekend.

Wes

wes i have the sled totally torn apart right now .we are reinforceing the bulkhead and adding two more motor mounts .their will be seven mounts. willbe changing jackshaft for a stronger one .plus one more torque arm .hope to have it together for next weekend.motor runs greatthat runwas in over the hoodfresh snow .

H

hottank

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 14, 2008
Livingston Mt.
rode with the 1300cc twin last year , and it was very impressive.
naturally aspirated was making around 220hp , now another cylinder?

some lucky person will be riding soon , was installing in a gen 2
chassis , ready to fire by end of week.

Do you really believe all this horse power stuff, or is this a sales gimmik. My old rupp has 300 HP.

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
What are you doing for a stronger jackshaft? I just snapped mine on my 1500 4 tec turbo. Maybe we can get a deal on ordering two

a local machine shop ismaking one out of stronger material and larger through the middle two take out the flex.same size on the ends. did this to an pavement sled couple years back worked well

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
Do you really believe all this horse power stuff, or is this a sales gimmik. My old rupp has 300 HP.

#'s are very real. my 1200 WC made 204hp on the same dyno Dave's motor was ran on for comparison. The 1300 twin made more hp and way more torque than my little tripple. When I'm ready to upgrade these will be the boys doing it.

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada

some pretty good video you guys got. Was that all sunday then or? Too bad, shoulda come with you guys on saturday I'm thinkin. Hey you boys up for kakwa one of these weekends? Gonna try to go a few more times before I call it quits for the year, we're headed in there this weekend for sure...

C
Oct 26, 2008
some pretty good video you guys got. Was that all sunday then or? Too bad, shoulda come with you guys on saturday I'm thinkin. Hey you boys up for kakwa one of these weekends? Gonna try to go a few more times before I call it quits for the year, we're headed in there this weekend for sure...

You guys should have stayed for sunday, it was pretty good snow... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYAvTBPyewk

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
kinda wish that we coulda. Just got mine back together yesterday and it woulda been next to impossible to get it done down there, took most of two days to fix, and required some pretty rare bolts to do it. Tore one of the bolts that holds the stator plate to the mag housing right out and totoally destroyed the hole, and broke one of the mag housing bolts' head off. Got er now though and she's better than new again! Of course every fastener in there had to be a low profile head and metric too. Joy!;)

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
kinda wish that we coulda. Just got mine back together yesterday and it woulda been next to impossible to get it done down there, took most of two days to fix, and required some pretty rare bolts to do it. Tore one of the bolts that holds the stator plate to the mag housing right out and totoally destroyed the hole, and broke one of the mag housing bolts' head off. Got er now though and she's better than new again! Of course every fastener in there had to be a low profile head and metric too. Joy!;)

brandon sounds like your up an running hows your ride in kakwa.

F

flying pig

Jan 17, 2008
Wembley Alberta Canada
LOL pretty short. Made it to the river and the wide bearing on the PTO end went down. Should be up again in a week or so, Larry figures crank seal failure from my blown belts the trip before, coulda just been old age though, 6500 miles on that crank.
Guys said it was really good though, not as deep as the week before but still very very good. Setting up quickly though. We have to pull camp out on the 16, Larry says he's going out for a few days that week. Hopefully my bearings get here before then and I'll be able to ride. Sure Larry'd love to have you guys either way!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dave, have you "seen the light" on how to get 250Hp reliably??:D:D

1950cc triple in super mild state of tune...? Was gonna chime in on the 860 thread to you and sugest a Triple 809 in a Doo chassi of your choice.

Me I'm still messing with my 1029 xcr triple (Price) and might be shopping for a 1200 stroker, Storm or XCR base, this summer...

Happy hunting. :beer;:beer;

Rune

PS! Get some moore footage of this thing, please!!

M

MR. TWO LITRE

Oct 25, 2008
MR. TWO LITRE....you have a PM....

dave b i have a 809 based motor in a chassis the same as the big motor that 809 is brand new made 205 hp on that same dyno of roberts .its ralph,s 889 sled is racers edge s chassis 174 2.5 lug i would to sell to someone that appreiates qualty stuff.

Premium Features