• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The Palins' un-American activities

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Thoughts?
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/10/07/palins_unamerican/

Oct. 7, 2008 | "My government is my worst enemy. I'm going to fight them with any means at hand."

This was former revolutionary terrorist Bill Ayers back in his old Weather Underground days, right? Imagine what Sarah Palin is going to do with this incendiary quote as she tears into Barack Obama this week.

Only one problem. The quote is from Joe Vogler, the raging anti-American who founded the Alaska Independence Party. Inconveniently for Palin, that's the very same secessionist party that her husband, Todd, belonged to for seven years and that she sent a shout-out to as Alaska governor earlier this year. ("Keep up the good work," Palin told AIP members. "And God bless you.")

Share this story on Facebook:

Thanks for your support.

AIP chairwoman Lynette Clark told me recently that Sarah Palin is her kind of gal. "She's Alaskan to the bone ... she sounds just like Joe Vogler."

So who are these America-haters that the Palins are pallin' around with?

Before his strange murder in 1993, party founder Vogler preached armed insurrection against the United States of America. Vogler, who always carried a Magnum with him, was fond of saying, "When the [federal] bureaucrats come after me, I suggest they wear red coats. They make better targets. In the federal government are the biggest liars in the United States, and I hate them with a passion. They think they own [Alaska]. There comes a time when people will choose to die with honor rather than live with dishonor. That time may be coming here. Our goal is ultimate independence by peaceful means under a minimal government fully responsive to the people. I hope we don't have to take human life, but if they go on tramping on our property rights, look out, we're ready to die."

This quote is from "Coming Into the Country," by John McPhee, who traipsed around Alaska's remote gold mining country with Vogler for his 1991 book. The violent-tempered secessionist vowed to McPhee that if any federal official tried to stop him from polluting Alaska's rivers with his earth-moving equipment, he would "run over him with a Cat and turn mosquitoes loose on him while he dies."

Vogler wasn't just a blowhard either. He put his secessionist ideas into action, working to build AIP membership to 20,000 -- an impressive figure by Alaska standards -- and to elect party member Walter Hickel as governor in 1990.

Vogler's greatest moment of glory was to be his 1993 appearance before the United Nations to denounce United States "tyranny" before the entire world and to demand Alaska's freedom. The Alaska secessionist had persuaded the government of Iran to sponsor his anti-American harangue.

Site Pass Presented by

That's right ... Iran. The Islamic dictatorship. The taker of American hostages. The rogue nation that McCain and Palin have excoriated Obama for suggesting we diplomatically engage. That Iran.

AIP leaders allege that Vogler, who was murdered that year by a fellow secessionist, was taken out by powerful forces in the U.S. before he could reach his U.N. platform. "The United States government would have been deeply embarrassed," by Vogler's U.N. speech, darkly suggests Clark. "And we can't have that, can we?"

The Republican ticket is working hard this week to make Barack Obama's tenuous connection to graying, '60s revolutionary Bill Ayers a major campaign issue. But the Palins' connection to anti-American extremism is much more central to their political biographies.

Imagine the uproar if Michelle Obama was revealed to have joined a black nationalist party whose founder preached armed secession from the United States and who enlisted the government of Iran in his cause? The Obama campaign would probably not have survived such an explosive revelation. Particularly if Barack Obama himself was videotaped giving the anti-American secessionists his wholehearted support just months ago.

Where's the outrage, Sarah Palin has been asking this week, in her attacks on Obama's fuzzy ties to Ayers? The question is more appropriate when applied to her own disturbing associations.

The article makes a very interesting point.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't armed secession against a tyranical goverment how this country was started !And dont you think its time we told the goverment "enough" . There was atime when people when ready to fight and die for freedom and liberty !I also think the time has come again for Americans to rise up and take back our freedom by whatever means nessesary !

D
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Utah
Please correct me if I am wrong but isn't armed secession against a tyranical goverment how this country was started !And dont you think its time we told the goverment "enough" . There was atime when people when ready to fight and die for freedom and liberty !I also think the time has come again for Americans to rise up and take back our freedom by whatever means nessesary !

I completely agree. There is nothing wrong or "unamerican" with someone going into the white house and straightening out everyone there.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Big difference between a group that wants to stand up to the government and a group that wants to blow things up and kill people (like Mr. Obama's good friend).

Besides, I am still waiting for the press to say ANYTHING about Mr. Obama's good friend the admitted terrorist.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Go Palin Go!!!

I don't vote myself, but after someone like Palin stepped in as the nominee for the Vice Presidential canidate, I almost registered to vote. And the way things seem to be going, maybe I should have registered. Governor Palin is the only canidate in my life that has ever ran for such office that is a real human being. She rides a "snowmachine" for cryin' out loud. That alone should tell ya she and her family are good people.

M
Nov 27, 2007
Farmington, MN
Man of Reason

Todd isn't running, neither is Sarah. Yeah, Barry sounds like a man of reason and humanity, please see below.

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, a lot like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy towards people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.
Barack Obama
At San Francisco fundraiser, April 6, 2008.

I've got two daughters, nine years old and six years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby.
Barack Obama
Town Hall Meeting in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, March 29, 2008.

The point I was making was not that my grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, there's a reaction that's been bred into our experiences that don't go away, and that sometimes comes out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society. "

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT

i likey!!:beer;:beer;

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
That's the strongest reason I've ever read to vote for the McCain-Palin ticket. I've thought for years that individual States rights should be much stronger. Any State that wants to secede shows me that there are groups of people in this country still willing to put up a fight against asinine government mandates and control.

idareyou

Premium Member
Sep 9, 2001
Steamboat Springs
Why not vote? It is part of what makes this country so special. If you don't vote you or your kids could some day not have the right to vote. Stand up for what you believe.

I don't vote myself, but after someone like Palin stepped in as the nominee for the Vice Presidential canidate, I almost registered to vote. And the way things seem to be going, maybe I should have registered. Governor Palin is the only canidate in my life that has ever ran for such office that is a real human being. She rides a "snowmachine" for cryin' out loud. That alone should tell ya she and her family are good people.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
How fracing stupid.

Palin has a different story Palin and Hubby Never Members

Yha, the AKIP wanted to get the Fed's attention. Their state is 98% federally owned. And, the fracing greenies are threatening their way of life.

There's a big difference between a state secessionist group, and the Weather Underground. WeatherUnderground These guys actually rioted and bombed, not just talked about it. The supreme court has ruled that talk, does not equal action, in reference to succession talk.

Do you have any idea how many groups and states there are, that you could pin the same thing on?

http://www.freestateproject.org/

You ever heard of the Civil war, so now you've insulted the entire south.

Hawaiian Secede?

Vermont Wants to Succeed

Texas isn't even sure if it's a state.

I've read that their are succession activities in at least 25 states.

I'll leave you with this, maybe you've read it somewhere:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

Last edited:

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Milehigh,
OK OK, you're a leftist pantywaist sympathizer. We get it.

Trying to pin Joe Vogler's seccessionist rants on Sarah Palin is like blaming the current Pope for the Inquistion. Ol' Joe was pissed off primarily because the Feds violated Alaska's statehood compact (you know, the contract that they agreed to, making the Territory of Alaska the 49th State). shortly after we became a state. He made a lot of political hay railing against that.

Most Alaskans have a deep and abiding suspicion of all things government, and a sense of state pride that makes Texans look like fair-weather sailors. Despite our nativist proclivities, we are a very tolerant state. Kooks of all stripes are welcome to practice their brand of kookery as long as it does not harm others. This leads to some very real political diversity.

That said, the Alaska Independance Party or AIP was founded primarily as a State's Rights party. As Volgler got older he got bitter and his rhetoric became increasingly anti-US government. If Todd Palin was a member it was most likely because the AIP was the state's most prominent home grown political party. The AIP has nobody in DC pulling any strings.

So using your logic, may we assume that since you're a Democrat you advocate returning to the days of slavery since the pro-slavery South was overwhelmingly Democrat.

Dick Cheney's kid is a l e s b o. I guess that makes him the poster boy for PFLAG.

My point? Your argument is specious at best.

Last edited:
S

Snow Fox

Good info Spindrifter, Milehigh your just trying to hard now...even the left wing liberal media couldn't find anything to this. Trying to make an issue to this compared to Obamas association with Ayers is completely ridiculous. The Alaskan Independence party has not committed any acts of domestic terrorism, unlike Obamas buddy.

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
Smack down....!
smack.gif

Milehigh,
OK OK, you're a leftist pantywaist sympathizer. We get it.

Trying to pin Joe Vogler's seccessionist rants on Sarah Palin is like blaming the current Pope for the Inquistion. Ol' Joe was pissed off primarily because the Feds violated Alaska's statehood compact (you know, the contract that they agreed to, making the Territory of Alaska the 49th State). shortly after we became a state. He made a lot of political hay railing against that.

Most Alaskans have a deep and abiding suspicion of all things government, and a sense of state pride that makes Texans look like fair-weather sailors. Despite our nativist proclivities, we are a very tolerant state. Kooks of all stripes are welcome to practice their brand of kookery as long as it does not harm others. This leads to some very real political diversity.

That said, the Alaska Independance Party or AIP was founded primarily as a State's Rights party. As Volgler got older he got bitter and his rhetoric became increasingly anti-US government. If Todd Palin was a member it was most likely because the AIP was the state's most prominent home grown political party. The AIP has nobody in DC pulling any strings.

So using your logic, may we assume that since you're a Democrat you advocate returning to the days of slavery since the pro-slavery South was overwhelmingly Democrat.

Dick Cheney's kid is a l e s b o. I guess that makes him the poster boy for PFLAG.

My point? Your argument is specious at best.

Premium Features