• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Still no HP numbers?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
That's the first I've heard about the mapping being setup for breakin.

I've got two rides on my Pro Ride now. I can tell you that the motor feels great. I haven't eclipsed 100 miles yet, but I had no problem hitting 8150 RPM's on my 10-60 weights at about 11,000 ft. With the story about the Rush 800 dominating at the grass drags in the stock class and the rides I have, I feel good about the potential of this motor. A PCV and a less restrictive pipe could really wake this motor up all that much more. I'm not worried about it. ;)

P
Jan 4, 2010
I just dropped on my new snow check PRO RMK 800 a Neil's Power Pipes in Edmonton. The owner is a freind of mine. I am getting a can made with a cooker built into it. He is using my sled to build the first proto type. (FYI -He figures the prodution one will sell for $375.00CND.) After dropping it off he convinced me to let him use it on the dyno to test his proto type pipes. So we should soon have the stock HP numbers the we have all be looking for. Just to put everything in to perspective he has already had his hands on the 800 e-tec and M800 Cat and a little birdie told me they dyno'd and 144 and 141 respectively. He dynos them at what he calls real life conditions which I think is what we all care about. Will let every one know as soon as the results are in.

http://www.npowerperformance.com/gallery.php

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I just dropped on my new snow check PRO RMK 800 a Neil's Power Pipes in Edmonton. The owner is a freind of mine. I am getting a can made with a cooker built into it. He is using my sled to build the first proto type. (FYI -He figures the prodution one will sell for $375.00CND.) After dropping it off he convinced me to let him use it on the dyno to test his proto type pipes. So we should soon have the stock HP numbers the we have all be looking for. Just to put everything in to perspective he has already had his hands on the 800 e-tec and M800 Cat and a little birdie told me they dyno'd and 144 and 141 respectively. He dynos them at what he calls real life conditions which I think is what we all care about. Will let every one know as soon as the results are in.

Please let us know which brand of "little smokies" make the most power in the Hot Dogger muffler!!

illadvised

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
No firm number yet, but an early report claims HP is a "minor" improvement over an "average" stock 800 from previous years. However, the motor was said to have minimal time on it, so not broken in. That said, the 143HP number from the demo sled this spring is probably going to end up being a bit low.

FROM HCS

sled-werx racing said:
Was talking to Rich this morning, they're dynoing the Rush 800 as I'm typing and will be over the weekend and into Monday/Tuesday

a couple of early pulls already.

all I want to report from my talks so far with Rich ( for all you new RUSH 800 owners out there) is . early runs are suggesting that regardless of the sled in break in mod it's stronger than the previous models . Not leaps and bounds mind you and it's only showing a minimal increase in power from what we've seen over last years sled and the 09 "BUT" it's showing improvement which is a positive.

Give time for proper dyno assesment and we'll then get some maps made up and adjust our clutching based off the torque and HP #'s

so far looks promissing - will report what we know when we know

Cheers
Spenc

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY

Good looking products, let us know if/when he gets a single pipe for a high altitude application (8000+) for this Pro!

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

The cat # aligns reasonably with the EPA power numbers: Cat 800 - 144.5.
The Doo doesn't: EPA power - 153hp, 144 is significantly lower. Hmmm.... 163.9 to 155 to 153 to 144? :fish2:

T
Dec 18, 2007
Dynotech had had a 2011 on the dyno today 147hp there is a thread started on HCS about it. over 13 less than the competition, ouch

N
Dec 18, 2007
Dynotech had had a 2011 on the dyno today 147hp there is a thread started on HCS about it. over 13 less than the competition, ouch

It was Dynoport not Dynotech. Dynotech won't have one on the dyno for another few days. Until then you really can't compare numbers from different dynos.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I don't know guys. I'm thinking that squallin' over dyno numbers is for JO's that choose time in the bar instead of time on the hill.
If numbers on paper are all it takes, the XP would have put everyone else out of business a couple years ago, Cat would have capped any survivors last year.
I've heard quite a few folks that I respect say it's a great sled and setting the bar for the rest of the field.
Don't think it would be doing that if it couldn't get out of it's own way....
Go back and read Bugs report on his sled/elevation/weights. That sounds like a strong sled to me.
Lets all just take a deep breath, calm down and wait for a little snow.
We're almost there!!
Here's to ya!! :tea:

Bag

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Went to the HCS thread and sorted through 25 pages of BS, mud slinging and bickering. We better get some snow real soon. Once the masses on the Pro hit the hill, no one will care what the numbers are.

R
Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton Alberta.
Correction to POSMMAX post.

I just need to correct a post made by POSMMAX and get rid of a little confusion.

NPP (Neil's Power Pipes) has NOT dynoed an E-tec yet. He has no numbers on the E-tec yet. That said if you have one why don't you pay him a visit.

Now here are some stock sled peak hp numbers all from the same dyno.
The new 2011 RMK 800 made 136.
M8 is around 141.
XP 800R(not E-tec) is at 139/140.

I can't recall all the mid range torque numbers but these 3 motors have large variations in how broad their torque curves are.

Now for my two cents.

You shouldn't compare sleds by hp numbers. Don't buy your sleds based on hp numbers. If you do, you might buy a sled that dissapoints you.

What is with the obsession of hp numbers?
I don't get it.
There are so many other factors that make up the performance of a machine. One machine can make 10 hp over another but perhaps its drive train isn't as efficient or as well tuned which could make the machine with less hp perform better. Then there is weight, flotation, traction and so on... I think the sleds should be compared by observed performance by those that ride them.
i.e. One rider, multiple stock sleds all with full fuel tanks.

That said bantering about hp numbers that come from unreliable sources from different dynos sure helps pass the time until it snows.:face-icon-small-win

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
This entire thread should just be deleted. There are too many people looking for the Pro Ride number to either be low or high (likely based on their manufacturer preference). I already have the sled, if it comes in at 136 HP I won't be selling it. I know how it runs and I'm great with that. I just want to see the difference between dyno-ing with and without the ethanol plug.

L
Feb 13, 2010
nl, canada
I don't know guys. I'm thinking that squallin' over dyno numbers is for JO's that choose time in the bar instead of time on the hill.
If numbers on paper are all it takes, the XP would have put everyone else out of business a couple years ago, Cat would have capped any survivors last year.
I've heard quite a few folks that I respect say it's a great sled and setting the bar for the rest of the field.
Don't think it would be doing that if it couldn't get out of it's own way....
Go back and read Bugs report on his sled/elevation/weights. That sounds like a strong sled to me.
Lets all just take a deep breath, calm down and wait for a little snow.
We're almost there!!
Here's to ya!! :tea:

Bag
well.... your right!

Premium Features