• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Still no HP numbers?

S
Sep 30, 2010
Do you believe Pigs fly too???

There was a excel files.
There was a ton of snowmobile tested.
Info come from the EPA.
I dont believe the number i've seen...But why the EPA would be impartial?
If anyone show me how to put an excel file online i will put it here.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
I know absolutely nothing about the EPA but to me it seems it would be a waste of time/money for them to test/post hp numbers when the only thing they are concerned with are emission numbers????????

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I can't believe that thefirst Pro's were delivered over a month ago and nobody has been able to throw one on the dyno....Not that I really care, I just want to ride the darn thing

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
post production hp might be alot higher because they are leaned out to the max for epa.

I would be willing to bet there has never been a time in history when production sleds made more HP than pre-production, irregardless of manufacturer.

Dyno numbers are meaningless. If they are low, everyone calls BS, if they are high, the sled typically doesn't live up to the hype.

Just ride the friggin thing and shut up, the money is already spent.

Last edited:
S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
I would be willing to bet there has never been a time in history when production sleds made more HP than pre-production, irregardless of manufacturer.

Dyno numbers are meaningless. If they are low, everyone calls BS, if they are high, the sled typically doesn't live up to the hype.

Just ride the friggin thing and shut up, the money is already spent.

so what's youre honest opinion :D i actually agree with you, the check has been cashed.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
like everyone i was disappointed to see the 143 number but after i started thinking about it i changed my mind. most importantly all the real world reports are very, very positive and they seem to be pulling the same clutching as well if not better than the IQ's. that there pretty much answers the question. kinda. but since most of my riding buddies ride doo and a few cats, then when my sled doesn't go as high or as well (which i am not worried about in the slightest) then i can say, "well it only has 140 some hp. maybe i can find something to bump that a little...". but when the new pro goes as well, or better than the competition then i can say, "gee, i thought the new doo/cat had a lot more hp then the pro? imagine what this thing will be like when i get a (insert great mod here)..." just my opinion, fwiw. now if it would only snow so i could get off the keyboard throttle...

pv

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
So what is the h.p on this thing? I was thinking about trying one , but if it's really this low I guess I will look at something else.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
No firm number yet, but an early report claims HP is a "minor" improvement over an "average" stock 800 from previous years. However, the motor was said to have minimal time on it, so not broken in. That said, the 143HP number from the demo sled this spring is probably going to end up being a bit low.

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
With all this talk about dyno number I just had a revelation, Dynotech Jim dynoed the CFI-4 last year with the SLP setup at around 160, same with the PC-5, both used together didn't show a substantial increase. I had the SLP setup on my 09 Dragon 163 and it would pull 62.5 gram lightning weights with 1/4" drilled out at the tips, 140/340 drive with 160/260 team secondary. It would consistantly pulled 8200-8250. SLP recommends a 3 gram increase for the lightning weights over the stock Polaris 10 series weights.

Now, first ride on the Pro-Assault 55. Total 30+- miles, sled would hit 8150 and hold with 10-62 Polaris weights, stock Polaris 140/330 drive with 160/240 Team secondary. Ron mentioned that these have built in mapping for break in, that they would not perform at best until 100+ miles or a certain number of hours. Tank was pre-mixed with one quart oil on ride. The more time on this engine when it breaks in and loosens up it can only get better, right? That being said, out of the box with no aftermarket components it pulled hard and ran really well. I think we can expect very good things from this new CFI-2 and maybe this is a bad analgy, but pulling that weight at that rpm has to mean something! Slightly less track on ground but the Assault 2.125 track is also heavier equating to more rotational mass then the 2.4 163 track. These numbers were not on a trail either, this was in heavy powder with a load on the track.

Premium Features