• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Still no HP numbers?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Never dyno'd my old sled....don't plan on it with this one either lol. To be brutally honest, I don't even know what the factory HP spec on my old sled was ?? :face-icon-small-con If it's fun to ride I could give a damn really.

Clutching and riding conditions vary so much it's really hard to pin it down to horsepower within reason. Guys buy a sled with 150hp and then go through the aftermarket catalog buying item x that "adds 5hp" and item y that "adds 15hp" and think they've got a 195hp sled. Then can't figure out why it runs even with a stock sled....

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Can you back up the talk with any proof ?

I know several tests have been done and no postings, why do you think that is. I think it will be a great chassis and no one ever rides a stocker anyway

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Do you think the guys in the blue suits, dark sun glasses, mics in their sleeves, and driving the full size 4 dooor sedan parked across the street are hiding the results?

Hint: The results are being kept in the jelly donuts.

:lol::lol::lol:

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I am not sure the horsepower, and could really care less. You polaris nonbelievers should watch schooled again and see what Burant was doing on that stock silver 155 pro, I think we will fair just fine.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Last night my buddies and I hooked one up to a DYNO it was 164.1 hp. just a little better then a doo. :)

If Poo was holding an ace up their sleeve for the demos... that would be freaking awesome!!:thumb:

I can't wait to see what DynoTech Jim has to say when he puts one of the customer production sleds on the machine.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If Poo was holding an ace up their sleeve for the demos... that would be freaking awesome!!:thumb:

I can't wait to see what DynoTech Jim has to say.

he would still say it has 143 but the new e-tec they just dynoed has 165..just sayin...I know my dragon from day 1 has always been more then competitive against the other makes out there..as will the pro.....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I don't belive that Jim has had an in season, consumer-production, Pro-800 on the dyno yet... Has he??

I am not sure Eric, I just know what he reported on the dragons vrs how mine and others I am around performed against the other brands that his numbers didnt eqaute to real world results....

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I just got a reply from Jim at dynotech:

Jim,

Can you tell me if you have an in season production (customer delivered) 800 Pro RUSH/RMK on the docket for dyno runs?

Thanks,
MH

Sent: Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:24 PM
To: info@dynotechresearch.com
Subject: Polaris numbers

Mountainhorse,
I have Casey Mulkins waiting with one, but I must have my refrigeration unit completed so we can test it with 20 deg F dry air.

About one or two more weeks, and we should be all set (three walk-in freezer evaporators/ compressors in a 1000 cu ft insulated box to just to feed the sleds' intakes).

I'll try to post the schedule so people can watch/ listen.

Thanks Jim C

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
post production hp might be alot higher because they are leaned out to the max for epa.

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
As most of us know, setup is equally important. I started thinking about this after I read Carl's shock and clutch upgrade. There are so many things to do before the motor is even considered. I rode my pop's 08 M8 on one ride last winter. As mentioned in previous posts, not alot of track speed or power, but it always made the top. I'm guessing it was mostly due to Cat's low track approach angle. Unless a guy is planning to go all out and turbo the pro, it would make sense to me to spend some cash on light-weight parts, clutching and suspension rather than void the 4 year warranty. On the flip side...Polaris probably came out with the 4 year warranty because they know that most of us CANNOT STAND riding a stock sled. I am as guilty as anyone. I am going to ride my 09 8 one more year and I am so tempted to get the drop n roll from Curt. I was hoping to spend little to nothing this year, but now TurboTater is telling me that I am gonna have to run a programmer when he gets done porting the $hit out of it. And once again, I will have a $15,000 sled that is worth 4K. I guess that is the game we choose to play.

E
Jul 9, 2002
Omak, WA
As most of us know, setup is equally important. I started thinking about this after I read Carl's shock and clutch upgrade. There are so many things to do before the motor is even considered. I rode my pop's 08 M8 on one ride last winter. As mentioned in previous posts, not alot of track speed or power, but it always made the top. I'm guessing it was mostly due to Cat's low track approach angle. Unless a guy is planning to go all out and turbo the pro, it would make sense to me to spend some cash on light-weight parts, clutching and suspension rather than void the 4 year warranty. On the flip side...Polaris probably came out with the 4 year warranty because they know that most of us CANNOT STAND riding a stock sled. I am as guilty as anyone. I am going to ride my 09 8 one more year and I am so tempted to get the drop n roll from Curt. I was hoping to spend little to nothing this year, but now TurboTater is telling me that I am gonna have to run a programmer when he gets done porting the $hit out of it. And once again, I will have a $15,000 sled that is worth 4K. I guess that is the game we choose to play.

Yes, but think how good it will feel to give someone such a great deal-a $15k sled for only $4k.....:face-icon-small-blu

Premium Features