• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest 2021 Trailer: WHICH BRAND TRAILER should I buy this time around??

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Mission car hauler/motorsports aluminum trailer. 22 ft box with a 4 ft V and I think 10” extra height. 3,300 empty (10,000 max).
Gets pulled with an F150 ecoboost. I have almost 6,000 miles towing this trailer and so far so good. And it tows extremely well.
This trailer weighs about 1,600 less than the 22’ (overall length) Double R it replaced.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Don't forget the chains

BB1eE8yx.img

Trailer Safety Chain Stops Dangling Ford Super Duty From Plummeting Into Gorge (thedrive.com).

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
There but for the GRACE OF GOD go I..

Can you IMAGINE being in that truck and stairing down at the bottom of the gorge wondering how long it would be till the truck cuts loose and plummets down?
Its crazy the chains held it. Safety chains are usually around 3/8" and not rated for a WLL of 8k!

Sent it

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
It was being held 100ft above the river by one safety chain. With two passengers and two dogs in the truck.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
It was being held 100ft above the river by one safety chain. With two passengers and two dogs in the truck.
A flat bed truck driver was there within minutes and when he saw people still in the truck, he grabbed what chains/straps he had, got them secured to the dangling truck and then to his truck to hold it knowing full well the trailers chains were not enough.

C
Jan 14, 2020
Have not sat down and written up the proposal as yet.
I was at Island park for the boondock nation thing, and I know exactly what you want for the extra sleds.

So driving to canada with 4 sleds, you need to take the skis off two of the sleds, and have their ass in the air.

These guys from minnesooooooduh had the skis stripped and a polaris face down ass up, the spindles were bolted thru the ski holes to a mild steel frame, with the track supported in two places by the same metal frame. Everything strapped and secured on the floor, instead of the hardware and frame being super beefy & heavy to hang them from the roof. It supported under the skidplate, too, to not put all 450lbs of sled weight on the a arms while bouncing down the road.

Basically, its gonna suck, but you only have to take skis off and on when you do your trip with 4 sleds.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I'd definitely like to see this build and which direction you ultimately go. Also like the idea of giving another industry member the business. Since I sold my Interstate last spring I've REALLY missed it and definitely am not looking forward to another full winter of using just the sled deck. It's so nice to be able to hook up to the trailer in 30 seconds instead of having to load the deck and sleds all the time or spend another entire winter without my toolbox on the truck. I'd personally love to see what you could do with an Interstate trailer, I was very happy with mine. I bought my interstate when it was 9 yrs old and sold it when it was 18yrs old and it still has lots of life left in it. I'm pretty sure I'll be looking for another Interstate when I get my Khaos paid off. The only thing I plan to change is that I want to go from the 14'+5' to a 16'+5' for a little more room to walk around with 3 sleds onboard.

20190209_072501.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was at Island park for the boondock nation thing, and I know exactly what you want for the extra sleds.

So driving to canada with 4 sleds, you need to take the skis off two of the sleds, and have their ass in the air.

These guys from minnesooooooduh had the skis stripped and a polaris face down ass up, the spindles were bolted thru the ski holes to a mild steel frame, with the track supported in two places by the same metal frame. Everything strapped and secured on the floor, instead of the hardware and frame being super beefy & heavy to hang them from the roof. It supported under the skidplate, too, to not put all 450lbs of sled weight on the a arms while bouncing down the road.

Basically, its gonna suck, but you only have to take skis off and on when you do your trip with 4 sleds.
PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE SOME PICS??????????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So the Tail of the sled is NOT hung from the roof.
Rather the track is supported by some structure from the floor elevating it up in the air?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Are u sure that skid plate support is load bearing?

All these new sleds are just plastic up front.
The front suspension is plenty strong to support the sled. The skid plate "support " is great for keeping the suspension travel to a minimum but i don't think it should support much weight.

Sent it

Premium Features