• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow update Houghton area?

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Looking to come up for a ride before Christmas. Has anyone been out riding off the trail? I'm sure there are landmines but wondering how the powerlines and logging roads are? I'm looking to break in a new summit and dial in some clutching, preferably not on the trail. I saw reports in Painesdale of 88" that fell in November.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Looking to come up for a ride before Christmas. Has anyone been out riding off the trail? I'm sure there are landmines but wondering how the powerlines and logging roads are? I'm looking to break in a new summit and dial in some clutching, preferably not on the trail. I saw reports in Painesdale of 88" that fell in November.

Haven't heard anything from that neck of the woods but they fields and other areas here are ok. Kind of crusty underneath everything after that warm up we had

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
Not worth going rite now unless they get a good dose of LES. Rode yesterday and I am actually really impressed we don't have a box of broken parts. We planned on being up in two weeks again, but if it doesn't change for the better were staying home.

S
Nov 15, 2008
Northern ,wi
It was fine on sat for break in only kinda riding otherwise not great powerlines that are getting beat down by everybody and there mother litterly will be good base for season just need 18"-24" on top of it lol

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
I see some snow in the forecast up there! Is the base enough to cover the stumps at least? If so I'm hearing some guys saying 24" possible! I think that would make for some fun!

dboe03

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2014
Fargo, ND
The base was awesome before the warm up in the woods, can't confirm what woods have now but John Dee woods cam looks like 18"'. If the UP picks up 12-18inches of fresh next week I think it would be really good.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Most stumps are 24-36 inches high, I prefer a good 2 feet over the tops of said stumps. They need a lot of snow.

Houghton Snow

I go to Michigan Tech up in Houghton. We got about 10" of powder on top of a 12" to 18" base most places. You can tool around in some clearings and sorta creep along in the woods, but not much more than that. Need more snow to cover up all the land mines. Forecast looks promising though! If anyone ever wants an update on the snow conditions, just shoot me a PM.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I go to Michigan Tech up in Houghton. We got about 10" of powder on top of a 12" to 18" base most places. You can tool around in some clearings and sorta creep along in the woods, but not much more than that. Need more snow to cover up all the land mines. Forecast looks promising though! If anyone ever wants an update on the snow conditions, just shoot me a PM.

We need mother nature to go back on the rag again so we can get a hammering like in november cuz rigth now its gone, it's all flippin gone!!!!!

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL

Be careful what you wish for man! I will hit you up all the time. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features