• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would it take to get you back on a Cat?

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
After a long time in cat, like we are going into the 90s here, and switching to turbo doo (21 expert 165) I can easily see myself getting back on a cat. Close to 500 miles on the doo this year, it's only just starting to get comfortable, but it's taken change after change to get it there.

It's the geometry items that make it foreign to ride. It's neither intuitive or precise. It's kind of like riding a bouncy ball with a set of steering bars. I do miss how precise cats are.

However, doos engine, delivery smoothness is something to admire.

My primary reason for switching in the first place really was dealer network. I wrench on all my own sleds, but just having a parts source to draw on is important if you happen to crash a sled and need stuff, and cat dealers where we ride have been a tough perspective really.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
The new chassis has me hopefully for the wishlist of items along of guys have been asking for, for years, and the media reviews seem to be buzzing

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
After a long time in cat, like we are going into the 90s here, and switching to turbo doo (21 expert 165) I can easily see myself getting back on a cat. Close to 500 miles on the doo this year, it's only just starting to get comfortable, but it's taken change after change to get it there.

It's the geometry items that make it foreign to ride. It's neither intuitive or precise. It's kind of like riding a bouncy ball with a set of steering bars. I do miss how precise cats are.

However, doos engine, delivery smoothness is something to admire.

My primary reason for switching in the first place really was dealer network. I wrench on all my own sleds, but just having a parts source to draw on is important if you happen to crash a sled and need stuff, and cat dealers where we ride have been a tough perspective really.
Don’t mention any of this in the Doo forum. I made the mistake of comparing the Doo handling to the Poo over there. “bUy a PoLaRiS tHen!!!”. Lots of hurt feelings, even though I praised 90% of that sled.

I think its fair to compare handling to Polaris… they do set the bar here IMO. Cats not far behind tho, especially in decent snow- they are very predictable.

Cat does have their work cut out (Poo too) to have a motor even close to as good as the Turbo R. Its incredible. Like really, really, really good.

P
Dec 15, 2018
If just if and only in a noticeable way, one manufacturer is lighter and easier then that’s what iam buying lol. Because when it goes sideways and your in a 10 foot hole straight up and down , they are so heavy you need a crane to get you out!!! I think now that iam able to understand, you need a crew of 4-6 and they all love helping. Iam starting to think a double rail skid may be more intuitive for a newbie too. I over correct my sled so bad that I go from oh no go left or your stick to being stuck from going to far and back! What Iam trying to cry about is- maybe a newbie candy be subtle and gentle and calm . Cause only time I seen to be able to ride is when iam so tired I just can hardly stand up. Is this a thing or do I really need to just give up? Bwahaha!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Don’t mention any of this in the Doo forum. I made the mistake of comparing the Doo handling to the Poo over there. “bUy a PoLaRiS tHen!!!”. Lots of hurt feelings, even though I praised 90% of that sled.

I think its fair to compare handling to Polaris… they do set the bar here IMO. Cats not far behind tho, especially in decent snow- they are very predictable.

Cat does have their work cut out (Poo too) to have a motor even close to as good as the Turbo R. Its incredible. Like really, really, really good.
I was one joking about that but i get it. I'm am trying to get my lynx closer to handling like polaris but it's still a doo. No hurt feelings here. I like to ride everything even though i liked my kaos boost better than lynx for the trees. Set on making it work. Some things are better. Like you said the motor is just flat out awesome. Suspension is awesome. No matter what i do it's still going to ride like a doo. Just a matter whether i can ride it.
I think cat has a crack at being better than polaris with this sled. I just hope they offer it in a 2 rail skid. I also hope they offer a turbo. 9r wasn't enough, yesterday, in deep snow at our elevation. Excited to ride new cat.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features