• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo Update: Changes to MY2017 Sleds

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Seems as many dealers offer it in bulk, bring your own container for a cheaper price. Like I have seen $10/gal cheaper.

So the order of the day should be stocking up on this stuff whenever there is a deal to be had?

$_58.JPG

Looks like around $40 per gallon or less is a good deal??

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I was always under the impression that the "40% less oil" claim was from the 800R. Even in the printed ads I'm sure the asterix is made from the 800R and not the E-Tec. When I first saw it I thought that Ski-Doo was being a "Clever Girl" in claiming a reduction based on a past generation motor, and not the current one they are replacing. That's how I read it anyways.....so this oil thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. But maybe it's just how I read it.

Now for Doo spokespeople to be mis-informed is not unusual. They mis-represent facts yearly. From HP numbers to weight, consumption to dimensions. And it seems that nobody in marketing catches and corrects them until the next model year when those claims are obviously false for the prior year sleds.

What I love is that after years of Ski-Doo claiming 163+ HP from *Independent Dyno Tests
that EVERYONE is believing Ski-Doo's own "in-house" dyno at 165hp for this new motor. I thought we all went to Rich And the independent dynos because we didn't believe what the OEM's "claims" their dyno numbers to be. But now we are believing them without a second thought? Weird how that part of the industry turned itself on its head. We have Cat/Yammi claiming 180hp but Dynotech claiming over 200HP for the new motor......since when does a OEM cut themselves short? Weird deal for sure.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada
I would think the Etecs that I have owned used less than half what the Pteks did, especially once broken in.

I guess a different perspective on all this would be that even if the 850 were to match the oil consumption of an 800 Etec, that is still progress (based on displacement and power output)

Don't get me wrong though, I am still somewhat annoyed by any company making promises and then changing their story once we all commit...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I would think the Etecs that I have owned used less than half what the Pteks did, especially once broken in.

I guess a different perspective on all this would be that even if the 850 were to match the oil consumption of an 800 Etec, that is still progress (based on displacement and power output)

Don't get me wrong though, I am still somewhat annoyed by any company making promises and then changing their story once we all commit...

And. . . .they all have done it too. Pretty sad! And each time they do this, they lose a little credibility . . in my humble opinion.

Premium Features