• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHR 860 Kit or trade for New 800 E-Tec Summit

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I have no vibrations on mine other then at idle. Runs great! I would pick the etec over my old 860 any day.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
My vibration started after 100+ miles. It was VERY smooth prior. Crank runout is less then .001" PTO.....don't know Mag, I won't tear it apart under warranty and dealers won't check anything unless abnormal....and so far it sounds like the vibration is normal during break in. It has been documented so I am good with that.
It's more of a resonating from 5-6000 rpm.....loud and makes the exhaust springs hum, as well as numbs your hands and feet, even with an Iso-Vibe riser. An annoyance, but the sled runs strong.

L

LSB

LSB is stoned, don't listen to him :face-icon-small-win

We have both the e-tec 154 & 09 SHR 860, it is not even CLOSE, go with the 860, from SHR ONLY! Trust me.

Yeah but your 860 is the cheater version. Your sleds are like an unachievable goal that many will never obtain. Don't tease the guy with false hopes ;)

Nah either way Id keep my eye on what products SHR either has for the 09 or will come out with for the ETEC. We can agree on that at least :face-icon-small-ton

Juggs

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Well since the rear supsension update to 2010 version is fairly cheap I would go with an 860, especially since the 800 e-tec is a new motor....remember the 07 800R??????

What Do I need to Update my 08 rear Skid to make it like a 2010 model , Thanks

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Word Has it that BRP is developing a BB for the e-tec or a turbo system through the race department, it would be cool if this was going to happen because yamaha is now offering a supercharger and turbo kit as a accesory for the nytro and will have full warrenty.

Jester

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2008
Idaho Falls, ID
Tough Choice

I have a new e-tec and couldn't be happier. It feels a ton lighter than my '09 xp. I was surprised that it could run head to head with the work I have done to my '09 even though it wasn't through the break-in period. I don't have the big bore kit, but would probably still go that direction until the aftermarket manufacturers catch up to the 800 e-tec. My only beef is that I can't make it go faster!!!

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Word Has it that BRP is developing a BB for the e-tec or a turbo system through the race department, it would be cool if this was going to happen because yamaha is now offering a supercharger and turbo kit as a accesory for the nytro and will have full warrenty.

The "race dept" ...LOL..they cant even make a grass drag ECM curve thats better than stock or not blow up...E P A has a strangle hold...BJ

Premium Features