• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rk Tek 860 big bore

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Aren't these a pump gas motor? It would be strange to do all the R&D running race fuel then dial them back for pump gas and go from there for clients? Maybe thats how the doo BB works or why it doesn't for that matter.:jaw:

In direct answer, Skadi's explanation was open to interpretation..

I will try to clear this up

We ride 7-9K she rides 3-7K elevation.. So, what is PUMP GAS compression for us at 7-9K is RACE GAS compression for her elevation..
We only run PUMP GAS and they work excellent..

In anycase, we had to make a different head for her elevation so she would be safe on Pump Gas.. So, the fuel requirements MAY change..

We also informed her that the sled would be sold without our Team Tied Clutch and Custom Helix that we use.. She is sponsored by Team and we have arranged to have the custom cam sent to her for this season.

FYI..We were NOT selling the sled, but Skadi phoned me asking me to sell her our sled so she could at least salvage a few rides this season since she was having ZERO luck with her turbo configuration and it had essentially ruined her entire riding season.

So, the whole "initial phone call" to "sled on its way to WA" took about 4 days and was not planned by anyone in advance. Just a very fast deal..

So, trying to poke holes in anybody's story is pointless.. No secrets or misrepresentations have taken place... just a fast sell with some odd circumstances that surrounded it ..trying to help a fellow rider salvage her season..

At the end of the day..the 858 runs like a bear and will deliver the performance on the mountain.

Kelsey

Last edited:
Premium Features