• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project Skinny. or Pay Attention Cat

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I tried just about every thing to get this new PC chassis to handle like I wanted. 38" arms, kmod, front raptors, different track, increased steering swing, PP skis, ect. All that was need was to step on to a Pro ride for a day to realize that nothing will get rid of the Doo/Rev feeling of the the PC. That is some real nice work you did but no matter how hard you polish that turd it wont turn into a diamond, believe me I tried. There are just too many negative handling issues that have nothing to do with the wide boards.

I just bit the bullet and admitted that for my ridding I made a mistake in the sled I bought. I'll take my chances with the Poo motor over ridding a sled that is more work and not as fun as it should be.

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I tried just about every thing to get this new PC chassis to handle like I wanted. 38" arms, kmod, front raptors, different track, ect. All that was need was to step on to a Pro ride for a day to realize that nothing will get ride of the Doo feeling the the PC. That is some real nice work you did but no matter how hard you polish that turd it wont turn into a diamond, believe me I tried. There are just too many negative handling issues that have nothing to do with the wide boards.

I just bit the bullet and admitted that for my ridding I made a mistake in the sled I bought. I'll take my chances with the Poo motor over ridding a sled that is more work and not as fun as it should be.

few more tweaks and it will be better but at this point I would be modding a pro just as much, mod for mod.

Just for fun I spun a donut on flat ground and the circle left in the middle was about 6ft across ( i think it was about 4.5ft really but to be safe I'll say 6, which you wont get done on a stocker), before the best I could do was about 10ft and you had to get a run to do it, this time it pulled the whole way around.

Last edited:
G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I never said it wasn't needed, just that as you have already pointed out, it still has a Doo/rev type of feel to it on hard snow. That does not go away with the 38" arms.

I am in no way threatened by all your I can ride better then you comments, and have no need to prove anything to anyone, we have been ridding steep tight trees long before Burant made it popular and I highly doubt that any of your supper special terrain will bother me.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Never said I can ride better, but I can make this sled work like a pro.
having the kmod makes the steering push back a little worse(only on the down hill) floats just don't respond right and I don't want to revalve for different snow conditions. Some raptors on the front, 38", and skis will do wonders. and if I need to change the front end I will.

I also said this only happens on hard snow, not in any kind of pow

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Hey Wyo - Looks bad azz, well done. Glad to hear it works as well as you were hoping.

Last edited:

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Bull $hit, you go get a pro and come find me, I am already on par with a pro but a motor that likes boost, what I did is exactly what it needed. few more tweaks and it will be better but at this point I would be modding a pro just as much, mod for mod.

Just for fun I spun a donut on flat ground and the circle left in the middle was about 6ft across ( i think it was about 4.5ft really but to be safe I'll say 6, which you wont get done on a stocker), before the best I could do was about 10ft and you had to get a run to do it, this time it pulled the whole way around.

Nice mods Wyo.

I'm curious if you can help us understand what you think makes your heavily re-engineered PC a superior performer to the Pro?

THanks.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Nice mods Wyo.

I'm curious if you can help us understand what you think makes your heavily re-engineered PC a superior performer to the Pro?

THanks.

It has all the right features, big things the pro has, skinny, light, rear skid geometry puts more track on the ground. geometry all around is really good.
Mine, skinny, lighter than stock and only 20-25lbs more than the pro, more power, KMOD -- puts more track down and functions in a different way to help float. geometry is good for rider input but needs a little change in the front but still works.

After I get the narrow arms, better skis, lower bars, and drop a little more weight I can almost guaranty there will be pro owners that would love the pro or mine. HeII I love the pro, but I like mine better now. looking forward to riding the west coast this week.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Wyoboy,

Have u measured the plumb line from outside of ski to side panels on both the Pro and PC (38" stance). I have not but I parked them side to side and visually they looked virtually identical.

When I was looking at them side by side I just couldn't see how the PC could be "paneling out" so much worse than the Pro. On occasion I am having rear skid wash out issues on on steep J turns and steep sidehills (mag side) but I am not convinced yet what is causing it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sat. when I was carving across a bank leaving a vertical wall from my track trench and my running boars sliding sideways, I actually looked down at the running boards and could see the boards shaving the snow, another half inch of board and it would have been over. I had video too but lost the vid, i'll have to get more.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
with them that cutout when its sideways on those steep carves does it want to push your feet up off the rails when the snows cutting through the rails? or is it a non issue?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
with them that cutout when its sideways on those steep carves does it want to push your feet up off the rails when the snows cutting through the rails? or is it a non issue?

I've run boards that flow through, it just flows around your feet. It tends to flow through more at the rear than front, so depends on where you're at on the sled.

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I really think WYO is onto something with his boards. There have been several times where I felt like my boards were holding the track out of the snow doing powder turns or causing to me wash out on severe sidehills. For my foot placement I would prefer 1' shorter boards, more taper, and a lot more area for snow to fall through. Are there any aftermarket companies figuring out how to build better boards for the PC? Thanks for the R&D WYO. There a numberous PC owners that AC should literally buy their next sled because of all the work they are putting into their PCs at their own expense.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
Wyoboy,

Do you think we would notice improvement by narrowing running boards but not narrowing panel width?

It seems like I am hearing "paneling out" is not so much the issue as just the running board width??

What are peoples thoughts on dropping suspension location in the tunnel? This would put more on the ground for a longer period of time as sled begins to rotate on its side (j turns or sidehills)?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I havent noticed it trying to push my feet off, the track kinda clears the way for the boars and the outside edge runs where the track edge did.

I can't say panels or boards as I think both are important and not exclusive, boards are prob more so but when carving and watching the edge of boards and panels sliding along the track cut and can tell there is pressure applied you know its doing its job.

The KMOD already drops the front of the skid (and rear) down to the point you can't really go any farther, so I am taking advantage of every angle there is.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I really think WYO is onto something with his boards. There have been several times where I felt like my boards were holding the track out of the snow doing powder turns or causing to me wash out on severe sidehills. For my foot placement I would prefer 1' shorter boards, more taper, and a lot more area for snow to fall through. Are there any aftermarket companies figuring out how to build better boards for the PC? Thanks for the R&D WYO. There a numberous PC owners that AC should literally buy their next sled because of all the work they are putting into their PCs at their own expense.
:cheer2:
I looked for a smiley showing someones head getting big.....couldn't find one.:face-icon-small-win

Looking like "someone" might have been right all along!

:hail: WYOBOY1000
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I swear the guys that did the press release thing have been reading your threads....... :D

Those who say two people can’t have the same dream don’t ride in the mountains. And they certainly don’t ride Arctic Cat. Because every expert-grade rider, from the top guides to the top hillclimbers out west, dreams of a mountain sled like this. Lightweight. Maneuverable. And as powerful as, well…whatever the most powerful thing on earth is. So to all you boondockers, sidehillers and highmarkers out there, dreams do come true. Introducing the all-new ProClimb M mountain sled.

http://www.snowcheckdirect.com/2013...ons/2013-proclimb-m800-snopro-excitasled.html

Looks like the same lame skis.

Premium Features