• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally the K mod 5.5 skinny installed

J
Sep 1, 2011
S/E MN
I'm curious to see how you like it compared to the Alpha. Or, for that matter, how it compares to a Catalyst. Surely the monorail will get better with a chassis designed around it, but maybe even then, the "in between" solution will win out? I'd have to guess it'd work better in the Matryx (or other Polaris chassis) than the full skinny. Either way, I'm sure you could find places you'd prefer a full twin-rail, or the Alpha, but if you're looking for some "Alphaness," but not too much... Lastly, any possibility of a 155? I could see this being part of my dream build; great piece of work.

It is only offered in a 165 ideally I would rather have a 155 the tracks are specifically punched for Kevin not sure if they would do just a 155. It if he has a 155 option I would also build another one. They are ice age rails so wouldn’t think it would be that big of deal to get them in a 155 version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Yeah, I was wondering about the track, so I pulled up Kmod's website and saw there's only one setup offered. I'm sure they'll offer a 155 if interest is strong enough; there's probably a minimum order on the custom tracks, which would be a reason to start with one setup and wait to see how much interest before adding another. We'll see if Kevin chimes in here...

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Got out yesterday for a little rip on my matryx 5.5. Sled is a 22 850 NA with a Kmod 5.5 and fox front shocks. First thing I noticed is the sled is very plush on the trail. Sled responds easily and is still very predictable off trail. The track really pushes!!! I am very impressed. Kevin is amazing to work with.

Premium Features