• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please help!!! can’t get any spark after installing rebuilt engine!

S
Dec 3, 2021
Lake Tahoe
I have a 2009 pro rmk 800 shift that I just rebuilt and finally put all back together and now I have no spark! Before I blew it up didn’t have any issues with ecu, coils, cdi or anything.. spent a lot of time rebuilding this and I’m so close to getting it fired up does anyone have any suggestions???

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Most likely a wiring issue in my opinion. Make sure all ground connections are securely fastened. Pull apart all the wiring connectors and check for bent pins or any pins pushed back into the housing etc. Check for wires that may have got pinched when you reinstalled the motor.

outlaw700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Central Minnesota
Check and make sure you have no continuity from aluminium clutch guard to aluminum plate that mounts above that your electrical mounts to. The top plate must be isolated from ground from what I remember. The rubber isolators between the plates with threaded bolts out the top and bottom, is not one continuous bolt through them.

S
Dec 3, 2021
Lake Tahoe
Alright I got spark and it wants to fire up now it will kinda idle for like 2-3 seconds and then shuts off it is a fresh rebuild but I’ve pulled it like 30 times and it won’t continue to stay idling so spark issue is done but now I have this issue any ideas??

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Sounds like stator unless you’ve confirmed spark during misfire.

S
Dec 3, 2021
Lake Tahoe
Alright got this thing idling and with air box off it doesn’t bog then airbox goes on it’s fine then plug in sensor for air box and it bogs out I’m so close and appreciate the help but now what’s going on??

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Have a look at the resistance of sensor to see if it's in spec. Other than that you said you have changed the ECU. Did you have problems with the old one or did you just change it on spec? Maybe there is a glitch on the new ECU.

Attachments

• air temp sensor.pdf
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
Premium Features