• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

ccoleman77

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 27, 2008
Casper WY
Man I hope we can make it though the next eighteen months and in 2010 America pulls their heads out of there asses and vote on facts not a popularity contest. A huge thing to look at with your state reps is their voting record over the stretch they say one thing and vote one way in election years and as soon as their in there it goes up in smoke!:mad:

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
http://resourcescommittee.house.gov/index.php?option=com_jcalpro&Itemid=65&extmode=flat
This is the link to the archived video. Thanks to Sandra Mitchell of the ISSA. Scroll down to HR980

I am not done watcing the entire video of the meeting..But Bishop (UT) crucified Maloney!! She is an idiot.. She does not even know details of her own bill..

Hopefully, the rest of the meeting goes well for us.. I hope all are as good at crucifying Maloney as Bishop (UT).

Kelsey

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
These congressmen have paid environmentalist write the bills for them. This one was simple, find a cluster of states with lots of national forest, make it all wilderness. Real scientific.

X

XP Summit

Nov 26, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone know yet if this thing has made it out of committee? If the haven't voted yet when do they?

What can people be doing right now? It seems these threads have died on the boards as if the work is done.

Anyone have any updates?

Cheers
Shawn

S
Nov 27, 2007
Livingston, MT
Last thing I read (last week), there were no more meetings scheduled for this bill. I interpreted this as being dead. Dead in committee. This is what has happened to this piece of sh!t everytime. Not one Rep. from a state that was directly affected by this bill was on board (be it Dem or Rep). I think it will help the cause for sledders though, it gets everyone's attention and lets them know that there is a battle going on and it is neverending. There is another a--hole right around the corner hoping to shut YOU out of your favorite riding area.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
They had their meeting, and no further action is scheduled. But, they could just bring it up for vote at any time. Committees such as Natural Resources, can be very secretive about what's going on.

Once they vote on it, it either waits until next year. Or, is passed on to the Rules Committee, (we have no friends there that I know of) which decides how much debate is allowed on a bill, before the whole House votes on it. Then the house debates (makes big speeches) and then votes on it. Then it goes to the Senate committee, and on to be voted by the Senate.

If you haven't, join SAWS, BRC, and your State and local clubs. Or, don't come on here whinning.

Last edited:
Premium Features