• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Northern Rockies Protection Act at it again and this time it WILL PASS

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
Congress will next meet on May 4, 2009.

Upcoming Events
May 5, 2009 - Committee Hearing
House Natural Resources
Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands, hearing on H.R. 980, Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act -- May 5, 2009 at 2 p.m.
H.R. 980: Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Congress will next meet on May 4, 2009.

Upcoming Events
May 5, 2009 - Committee Hearing
House Natural Resources
Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands, hearing on H.R. 980, Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act -- May 5, 2009 at 2 p.m.
H.R. 980: Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act

Last ditch efforts guys, call your Reps. and Senators.
Calling has more effect then the chain emails.
Just remember if you don't have time to make a 5 sec. phone call or take 2 secs. to fill out the form you'll have PLENTY of time in the next couple winters when you have no place to ride.

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
took all of 60 seconds to get a note back from Chief of Staff for Max Baucus... :)

They are taking action, no committment on position yet, but will know soon...

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
baucus has got to know that if he goes witht his bill he will be gunned down in the streets when he gets home, but with bein high up in the dems hes gettin alot of perks these days, we will soon see if he has a spine???

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Baucus AND Tester are the only 2 I'm worried about screwing over the people of MT.
I think they got there hands so deep in the greenies pockets they don't care what MT wants.
I'll call Tester today.

Here's the numbers of the 2 douches if anyone wants to call
Baucus 202-224-2651

Tester 202-224-2644

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I am onfident in where Baucus stands on this bill now...have a few freindhsips in the right places...have been assured that Baucus is against, and that he will ensure it never sees the light of day in the Senate...even if it gets out of comittee in the House, which is not assured right now either...gonna tune in to watch the hearing though...

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I got this message back from Simpson.. It seems he is against it also

Dear Kelsey:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Northern Rockies Ecosystem Protection Act (NREPA). I appreciate the opportunity to respond.

NREPA, introduced by Representative Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) on February 11, 2009, would designate more than 20 million acres of land in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming as wilderness area. Under the wilderness designation, entrance into and use of this massive parcel of land would be extremely limited.

I support the policy of multiple land use and the greatest possible public access to our public lands. I support these policies because the people of Idaho who live off the land, such as ranchers, loggers, and miners, know best how to manage the environment. They are the true stewards of the land because the future of the land’s natural resources is necessary for their survival. I am carefully monitoring this legislation with the thoughts and needs of Idahoans in mind.

Once again, thank you for taking time to write to me with your concerns. The thoughts and opinions of Idahoans are important to me as your Representative in the United States Congress. I also encourage you to visit my website at www.house.gov/simpson to sign up for my weekly e-newsletter and to read more about my views on a variety of issues.

Sincerely,

Mike Simpson
Member of Congress

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Congressman Bishop, Congressman Rehberg, and Congressman Young are COMPLETELY slapping Congressman Young on this...it is GREAT!!!!!!!

Lord willing this will NOT get out of committee!!!!!!!

Bishop is COMPLETELY slamming Maloney for not answering the same questions from 2 years ago...it was COMEDIC!!!!!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The audio is not very dang loud on my computer.

Who is that crack that is talking right now? The old blonde hatchet wound who is talking about cooridors she's the buffalo who is wearing the burlap bag sweater.

edit: that IS Maloney. LOL

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Congressman Lummis is doing a KILLER job getting Maloney walked into a trap!!!! she is shutting Maloney down right now!!!!!!!!!

Wyoming shoudl be PROUD of their Lady Congresswoman!!!!!!!!!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
ROFL Rehberg!!!!!!!!!!!

"YOUR Wolves dont respoect my cattle, YOUR Grizzlies, dont respect my sheep.." etc.

he is a touch bit over the top in his anger...IMHO...

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
That one lady said it's not the Easterners against the Westerners...it's ALL our land...yeah maybe but you don't have to take care of it and try to live off it beotch.

Why didn't someone bring up the fact that places like Cooke, West, IP and the likes would become ghost towns if this goes through. I think that is the biggest issue here. And as someone else was asking but obviously doesn't know that if we could protect all this land and not kick the public off...that's what Wilderness is buddy...anit-public!!!

Premium Features