• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Clutch on the 25 858s!!!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Posted this before, when one of your clutches can engage this smoothly without falling on it's face then I'll be interested.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I'd say my team roller bearing clutch engages earlier and smoother
I believe you, and tell me if your paying attention to you tach if it's not reading 5 to 6 grand and your just slowly moving along ?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I couldn't even make a comment when I posted that, track length and lug size doesn't seem to matter does it 😊

This is how bad crap has gotten, it's not just these guys.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Those are baselines and track and lug size are somewhat indicated by model, less impact than snow texture can be.
It’s a reference, not a tuners bible.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I couldn't even make a comment when I posted that, track length and lug size doesn't seem to matter does it 😊

This is how bad crap has gotten, it's not just these guys.
I was pretty surprised to see how similar all the clutch calibrations are. On a performance machine like a ZR I personally would want the engagement a little higher and more aggressive helix to launch out of the hole harder.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I would guess the ZR is probably on it's game, it's the others.
This M is a lot of fun, she cat walks with the feet mid way BUT it holds the rpm's high for a M sled when I'm expecting them to drop.
One of my friends on an Ascender has already mentioned gearing it down. I think it's more the clutch then the gears at this point.
I think the reason he mentioned it is because they noticed the front is so easy to pick up to my liking and I think that might be the distraction.
I don't know, it's too new of a machine at this point.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Why do you want them to drop? Are you overreving?
Pulling revs down and not shifting to achieve higher rpms is bad.
Why do you say it hold them high.
Also gearing down will rev you higher, not lower.
If you’re taching high without speed you need to gear up.
Or load clutch if overreving.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Also, as mentioned above, my elevation begins where the chart ends.
So you take those baselines and adjust.
I’ve never ran a sled where the charts show.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
And again, gearing down will wheelie up more initially.

On a bike do you wheelie in first gear or fifth?

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Why do you want them to drop? Are you overreving?
Pulling revs down and not shifting to achieve higher rpms is bad.
Why do you say it hold them high.
Also gearing down will rev you higher, not lower.
If you’re taching high without speed you need to gear up.
Or load clutch if overreving.
Give me a little credit please, I've been riding since the 70's, not new to this sport.

Yes, it is holding the revs high off of engagement. I could keep babbling about this but what for. The clutching needs work and and who's expense? It's not like I just shelled out 15 g, yes that's the price here for that 600.

I also do not expect my ass to be kissed either. The clutching needs work but hasn't that been typical of these factory, Team, Viper clutches.

Same old short lived crap but today everything is disposable so that makes things all better.

I know what I bought, it's expected. God forbid I say anything bad. Imagine the backlash if I didn't own one.

Guilty till proven innocent, as stated earlier I'm not new to this sport.

It's actually the reason why I live here while every other person is leaving.

I know your ****ting me also :) Can't learn a damn thing if one doesn't look outside the box.

This can pull the front in any gear, It's kind of a nasty bitch at times, dry clutches don't like to be babied :)

IMG_20230922_114332992.jpg

Your kind of crabby yesterday
😁

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This is so far ahead of the field it's stupid, not saying it's doesn't need to be adjusted but it gives you hands on options. The others you just shell out for who ever claims to have the best kit.

And it's not a CVTech :)

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’m just asking real questions and giving real observations. Not sure how it got crossways from me to you.

Why do you keep posting alternative clutches but bitching about factory?

Prove up.
Buy what you’re posting, put a few thousand miles on it and teach us something.

I can make my clutches do what I want them to.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Just pointing out what's out there, if not things don't change and the same old stuff keeps being reused.

A few thousand miles and that clutch will more then likely be toast, short lived clutch that has already been altered, same problems new year.

This is why I went after this Alpha, while the majority want two rails I want one ski.

You have no idea how difficult and exhausting a sled is until you learn how to ride one ski.

Then you realize how all that new technology still sucks :)

The Alpha so far is the best candidate for this.

I'm not brand loyal, maybe that's the problem. What you don't know won't hurt you supposedly.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I had a buddy from a dirt bike background buy a sled a few years ago. He wished it had gears and a clutch lever on the handlebar.

batman slap.gif

He could barely keep it upright and out of tree let alone having to worry about doing his own clutching!

Last edited:
Premium Features