• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

The yellow sleds are already in BC. a cool dozen. Been here for 2 weeks now. But they were in Wyoming previously.

All the rags are in CO riding today. Saw a couple pics of Doo's rolling around. Not sure what else might have been there.

Last edited:

Jago

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
That right there is impressive but one can only imagine the cost on that bad boy. You would think they could do something on this line with only 200 hp and have it safe and come in at under a 100 lbs. That would be fun in a sled.

Such a small and light makes you wonder if that engine has much low rpm torque like the genesis does. I'm hoping to see a 180+ hp 3 cylinder NA engine from yamaha in one of the new sled engines announced last year as under development. That would be a breakthough for sure.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Such a small and light makes you wonder if that engine has much low rpm torque like the genesis does. I'm hoping to see a 180+ hp 3 cylinder NA engine from yamaha in one of the new sled engines announced last year as under development. That would be a breakthough for sure.

2 things will make a 180HP NA triple
1) 1800 cc not gonna happen
or
2)1100cc and 12000+ Rpm not gonna happen

A

arcticmat

Nov 23, 2008
Tea SD
That motor max RPM is 7500rpm. So I'm guessing torque numbers that are quite high(it is turboed) that it has a pretty decent bottom end.
I wondered about the max RPM being 7500, you would think in this application they would have to spin the crap out of that thing. That leads to gear reduction for a primary clutch and so on, It looks like a dry sump system on the side of it also, Good tech either way you look at it.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
That motor max RPM is 7500rpm. So I'm guessing torque numbers that are quite high(it is turboed) that it has a pretty decent bottom end.

yah its funny you would think being in a turbo application they would want to design a higher revving motor.but its built for 24 hour lemans racing so longevity is more important than all out power.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Yes it was originally designed for Indy, but since Indy cars went to another car design they found a home in Lemans I think. I'd be pretty excited if this found it's way into a snowmobile or motorcycle application.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

They say it'll be public in March, yamaha releases in feb.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
just 7 days the protos should be in valmount this week for the dealer ride:popcorn:

They'll be in Snowy Rang the 18-19. I was trying to talk dad in to letting skip class to go with to ride, but then I found out what is coming out this year compared to next. I think I'll hold off till next...:face-icon-small-win

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If you knew what was coming the year after next you won't want what is coming next year. Hang in there.......

Premium Features