• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I'm snowchecking something. At this point, it could be from any of the "Big" four. I guess we'll see what everyone brings to the table over the next month.

P

peterg

Dec 21, 2010
Watrous Sk.
We'll know right away as soon as the unveil happens, if Yamaha posts the weight, they never did last year, if they don't we know it won't be an aircraft it will be an aircraft carrier!! I love the Yamaha reliability but I also want what I want and if Yamaha won't build it...well BRP will be my next one. I wonder if Yamaha engineers and product reps read these forums, or even talk to riders? It sure seems like they don't. I'm sure if the other 3 manufactures heard that their customers were jumping ship on masse every year they would act!!

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I do think all the manufacturers read these posts. However, the Japenese culture is so different than ours. They think a lot differently and until they allow someone from the U.S. to take the lead on some of their R&D, things are not going to change. I think it's a step in the right direction moving R&D to the U.S. on their sleds. However, if they still insist on making all the decisions from Japan you will continue to get a product that is reliable and lasts forever, but will not be "Lightweight" unless the rider does it themselves. Strictly my opinion though :)

P

peterg

Dec 21, 2010
Watrous Sk.
we keep getting the teasers from them, Light weight, 5 new models in 5 years, new engines! they just don't deliver, they will lose a lot of customers this year if they don't deliver!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While everyone was focused on the new 2015 sleds in West Yellowstone, did anyone else see the new 2016 that was out for testing???

Only ONE of them that I know of, but it was there and being ridden.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
we keep getting the teasers from them, Light weight, 5 new models in 5 years, new engines! they just don't deliver, they will lose a lot of customers this year if they don't deliver!!

Agreed. To a point. There are still the die hard blue guys that don't mind spending money and man hours to get the sled they want. On the flip side, Yamaha could pick up market share if they would produce a sled that is 500 lbs or less dry, with a factory turbo. The sled community knows how reliable Yamaha sleds are, there's no disagreement there. However, when you're riding in ballz deep snow and you get stuck, you don't want to need 6 of your buddy's digging you out. I had a MCX turbo Nytro. Loved the power. However, it was a workout. At the end of the day there is no doubt you were tired. I now ride two Pro RMK 163's, and if I get stuck, I can usually get myself unstuck. I would love to have another Yamaha in the barn, but they're going to have to do better on the weight and "Stock" power.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
We'll know right away as soon as the unveil happens, if Yamaha posts the weight, they never did last year, if they don't we know it won't be an aircraft it will be an aircraft carrier!! I love the Yamaha reliability but I also want what I want and if Yamaha won't build it...well BRP will be my next one. I wonder if Yamaha engineers and product reps read these forums, or even talk to riders? It sure seems like they don't. I'm sure if the other 3 manufactures heard that their customers were jumping ship on masse every year they would act!!

Odd they didn't post the Viper weight as it is only 22 pounds heavier than the 2014 M8. Add a can and light battery and they are the same.

L

LuckydawgAK

Feb 13, 2011
Aurora, CO
To me it's like saying.... I REALLY love the hot skinny girl with big boobs but I'm settling for the FAT girl cause of her or*l "skills".
I DON'T think it's too much to ask for a REAL mountain sled that we don't have 4-10k extra into just to go where the other 3 sled makers go out of the box. It's getting really old really fast.

When the skinny girl with the big boobs isn't putting out any more, trust me, you start daydreaming of that fat girl with the hoochy skills! :shocked:

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
While everyone was focused on the new 2015 sleds in West Yellowstone, did anyone else see the new 2016 that was out for testing???

Only ONE of them that I know of, but it was there and being ridden.
**** 2016!! We have been waiting for a NEW Yamaha Mountain for YEARS now,and 2015 is the year and NOT 2016. They better c ome with something new now and not just some freaking YamaCat Viper 162" with a nytro engine.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
**** 2016!! We have been waiting for a NEW Yamaha Mountain for YEARS now,and 2015 is the year and NOT 2016. They better c ome with something new now and not just some freaking YamaCat Viper 162" with a nytro engine.

And last year people said 2014 is the year, not 2015, and the year before was 2013 would be the year, not 2012...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, I suppose if you tell us you have to kill us! lol Do tell!! and let me guess, the 2016 will be available in the spring of 2017?
Right now I can't say "Boo" about this one.
Just that it was labeled as "Double Top Secret".

I drove out to West Yellowstone at Midnight on Friday to deliver an urgent package to someone from Yamaha.

While the 2015s are there to be seen and ridden now, it was nice to know the 2016 in its earliest configuration was already on the snow as well getting in some very early testing.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c

I drove out to West Yellowstone at Midnight on Friday to deliver an urgent package to someone from Yamaha.

While the 2015s are there to be seen and ridden now, it was nice to know the 2016 in its earliest configuration was already on the snow as well getting in some very early testing.

wow double top seceret, between you & racingstation you should start your own physic hotline for new sleds that yammi will have.iam saving money now for 2025 could yah give me a teaser for what yammi has coming then:pound::pound:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
wow double top seceret, between you & racingstation you should start your own physic hotline for new sleds that yammi will have.iam saving money now for 2025 could yah give me a teaser for what yammi has coming then:pound::pound:

Hey, don't drag me into this.

Ill be the first to tell guys, ride what you have now. If they are coming out with a factory turbo 4 stroke that weighs 417 lbs for 2015 what are you going to do about it today? Nothing.....can't get it until November this fall anyway. You will see all the hot new stuff tomorrow from Yamaha.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

oh shucks...now we have copy right infringement on Starbucks double double

Dairy queens double fudge

Fleers double bubble

James Bond top secret

Frigging Yamaha can't even do a double top secret right...

Premium Features