• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2015 Yamaha Mountain Max???

L
Dec 25, 2012
NL
The 850 cross plane triple would fit nice in the phazer chassis with a 16'' track. I bet that would leave a lot on the table future boost factory or not.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
iam board not enough snow:face-icon-small-hap any rumors,iam going out on a limb & say there is a new mtn sled out there right now in disguise.:face-icon-small-sho

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Only thing I am hearing that is SOLID is about the new MTX version of the Viper that people have been riding recently.

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
This is what we will get from Yamaha, Yamacats.
I think the Nytro is the last snowmobile Yamaha has maked.
I dont think we wil see more sleds from Yamaha, think they just will be selling motors from now.
Cat will make the sleds and Yamaha will do the engines.
Now that the Viper continues and sell as well as it does,then I think Yamaha sees that it is more profitable and just sell engines and not create their own models.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
This is what we will get from Yamaha, Yamacats.
I think the Nytro is the last snowmobile Yamaha has maked.
I dont think we wil see more sleds from Yamaha, think they just will be selling motors from now.
Cat will make the sleds and Yamaha will do the engines.
Now that the Viper continues and sell as well as it does,then I think Yamaha sees that it is more profitable and just sell engines and not create their own models.

Check the history of the first SRX models....and the original Phazer and see where the tech from both of those chassis came from. But here is a hint...it wasn't Yamaha.

History says you are wrong, history says when Yamaha gets too far behind in chassis they "borrow" other tech and improve. We can only hope they do it again.:face-icon-small-hap

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
Cat tests sleds on Grand Mesa and Doo does R&D out of Grand Lake.

My guestimate is that they are riding something yellow or green this trip.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Quote from supertraxx magazine today. I have a feeling this is aimed towards yamaha.

"Headed to Colorado to ride something new, I've got a pretty good idea what it is and I think all you mountain riders will be pretty excited when it becomes public in March. Wish I could tell you more, 2014 has some cool stuff coming from all the manufactures for both mountain and trail."

Shouldn't that be 2015? And Colorado is one of the few areas that has snow, so it could b anything.

S
Jan 28, 2008
Denver, CO
I want them to put a 700 triple two stroke in a modern chassis. And not their chassis, for that matter. I love those motors! Until they do that, I suppose I'll keep blowing up Polaris motors. Oh well.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I want them to put a 700 triple two stroke in a modern chassis. And not their chassis, for that matter. I love those motors! Until they do that, I suppose I'll keep blowing up Polaris motors. Oh well.

I still have a 700 triple Mountain Max for a guest sled, love that engine. But I doubt it could ever be made to pass new EPA. However the new Yamaha designed Cat 800 DI might be even better.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i know that there is a new mtn sled,there are 12 protos right now,the dealers in b.c will see them about mid feb:face-icon-small-sho:pop2::whistle::faint:no idea if its a yamacat or all yammi & no i cant tell you how i know or i would have to kill yah:face-icon-small-hap:pound:

Premium Features