• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Sled is Finally DONE!

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Very nice work man, you have some really cool ideas and a passion for this sport that is fun to follow! Just wondering, are you getting the electronic wastegate for your turbo? I know they are not out yet, but just curious. Also did you run a intercooler before, thinkin bout wanting one now for my boondocker and Justin says they are much improved? Again nice work and keep settin the bar.:D

yes i will have the new electronic boost controller with push to pass as soon as they come out... i was told they should be shipping this week which would be awesome because i'm gonna try and ride this sunday and would like to have it on. as far as the intercooler i have never ran one on my sled, but 3 of the d8 turbos i rode with last year had them, and there was definitely more noticable lag. if all the venting that i have done now doesn't end up solving my intake temp problems i will be seriously looking into a water/meth kit this winter

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
JKinzer, Curious why you went with WE's up front and not the floats that Timbersled sells with kit. I'm headed that direction with shocks but can't make up my mind on which ones to go with. Which ones did you do on the rear skid? TIA

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
the rear skid i have the floats that come with Allen's skid set up, i went with the needles over the floats in the front because of the adjustability, and i like the idea of having pre-load adjustment with the coils. (i dont run a sway bar on my sled either) having pre-load adjustment makes the front end feel a lot better on flat ground, and between the coil, and the needle adjustments it will eliminate a lot of the "roll" that a sled has when the sway bar is removed.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
the rear skid i have the floats that come with Allen's skid set up, i went with the needles over the floats in the front because of the adjustability, and i like the idea of having pre-load adjustment with the coils. (i dont run a sway bar on my sled either) having pre-load adjustment makes the front end feel a lot better on flat ground, and between the coil, and the needle adjustments it will eliminate a lot of the "roll" that a sled has when the sway bar is removed.

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that your sled look wicked sick! To say the least. Have a fun year.

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
from wat ive heard and seen on turbo sleds ventings not nescessary, jeff from dakota performance runs a 1200 turbo on his cat that him and ovs worked together on and theres no venting on his sled at all. not even side vents where the exhaust dumps out, i was amazed and he didnt think it was nescassary but then i saw his mesh hood and was like wtf.?:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features