• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My "prolite" build and review

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Cut another 5 lbs with a unit 6 silber silencer. Very nice fit and finish and same decibel level as my super q. Big shout out to Cory at Boston racing as well.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a8infQdl_Xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Getting close! I couldn't bring myself to spring for a belt drive yet. If any of you guys are coming to th Denver snow show the sled will be on display at the members rides sleds with snow goer. Throw me a vote!!!

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Almost finished with the 2014-15 updates-

1- did the c3 post forward kit... I really like the simplicity of the kit and the position forward is really nice for garage side-hilling. Only time will tell on the mountain, but had to cut another 2-3 lbs off the sled I'm sure. I'll have some side by side post forward to 14' m8 comparison's here soon and get feedback from both riders.

2- relocated the front arm of the rear skid 1" forward on the rails. Again, only ride time will tell the difference, but gained slight ride height and the limiter straps are tighter in the front now.

3- put on a pro armour tether, as the stupid cat on just sucks... terrible thing to work with and caused more issues then it ever solved.

4- added the NXT LVL windshield bag, offeres a decent amount of storage up front which I will never argue with. I'll post more pics and ride reports when the snow finally flies here in CO.

It's almost here boys!

T
Dec 6, 2007
Central Alberta
Almost finished with the 2014-15 updates-

1- did the c3 post forward kit... I really like the simplicity of the kit and the position forward is really nice for garage side-hilling. Only time will tell on the mountain, but had to cut another 2-3 lbs off the sled I'm sure. I'll have some side by side post forward to 14' m8 comparison's here soon and get feedback from both riders.

2- relocated the front arm of the rear skid 1" forward on the rails. Again, only ride time will tell the difference, but gained slight ride height and the limiter straps are tighter in the front now.

3- put on a pro armour tether, as the stupid cat on just sucks... terrible thing to work with and caused more issues then it ever solved.

4- added the NXT LVL windshield bag, offeres a decent amount of storage up front which I will never argue with. I'll post more pics and ride reports when the snow finally flies here in CO.

It's almost here boys!

How difficult was it to install / wire the Pro Armour kill switch? Moreso the wiring.

thx :)

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
A couple of solid riding days here in CO already this year. Really enjoy the new post forward set-up. Took a bit of relearning my footing on the sled. I think this sled responds differently to foot placement then any other sled I've ever ridden, not the pro, the XM, m series, etc. I think it is even more evident with the post forward kit.

1. The post forward makes the trail riding even BETTER IMO. More over the center of the sled means even less feedback to the rider and allows being able to just hammer down our sh1tty mountain trails when needed/wanted.

2. As everyone has stated before, I just don't see any drawback to the kit for being on edge. I enjoy being able to get forward on the sled when needed/wanted to hold the sled on the hill. I did have some issues with the length of the throttle cable after install and trying to get it aligned as to not pull or bind. Its good to go now.

3. Finally broke a tab on the WRP seat... bit disappointed and will contact them to see about next steps. Love the seat and the storage, just need to be attached to the sled better.

The sled as I have it set-up currently is as good as any pro I've ridden with or been around on edge. I can definitely see where having a larger turning radius would be beneficial, especially when trying to counter-steer hard to keep really steep side-hills, might have to contact KMOD about a steering bracket. The 3" just keep chewing. I also changed the gearing to a 20/50 from the stock 19/50 and I think it's got just a bit more top-end which is friendly with the big bore (thank you RacinStation). Did pull a small cord on a belt this weekend, but that belt is made it through almost a full season of riding at this point. Last belt change came last year in February.

Bit of video from Sunday's ride. It was cold and the gopro battery didn't appreciate that. Never have the damn thing on when you want too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fbSbEMFsDw

Last edited:
B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
Really easy... have to go back and look now, but just tapped into the two wires down off the handlebar harness on the left-hand side of the fuel tank when you're standing on the sled. Just used a slice like this...

Wanna say a purple white wire and ....... can't remember. Its on a thread here. Mounted the switch itself on the mountain bar that I never use, like that it's centered.

How difficult was it to install / wire the Pro Armour kill switch? Moreso the wiring.

thx :)

splice.PNG

Premium Features