• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Melting belts, blazing hot clutches.

Ijust

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2019
Mt
Right on. I delaminated a belt today. With that being said, it was a already pretty beat belt from before the upgrade. This belt went at around 300 miles. I was kinda blipping the flipper 2 strike style...(don’t do that)after running the sled hot and hard for 20 minutes straight. The clutches, especially the big fin is still running way hot. I put a new belt on, broke it in nice, and will keep an eye on it. I still think the kit is totally worth it. Might be time for a carbon gates belt. Maybe the g force doesn’t last as long..? Happy with 300 miles on a used g force as compared to how quick they were going before when I was breaking in and riding way more conservatively. I’m at the point where a belt every 6 good rides is probably just fine. Sometimes I miss my m8?though.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I had a 2013 M1100 I had snowchecked in 13, rode it 5 years. I ended up using polyurethane mounts, a 300M jackshaft, full TCL delete, and a team tied - sled was bulletproof, got 1200 miles out of a belt., and this was with an EVO big chute Turbo Kit. Get ahold of Gene at AllGo Customs in Lloydminister, Alberta (he has a Facebook page). He was the Western Canada distributor, and probably has some stuff still. I have a 300M jackshaft that wasn’t never used I might part with if interested

B
Go to a different belt for sure, the 082 is known to be quite a bit too short. I've tried a few and settled on Dayco XTX with good results; I use the 5020, the 5037 is a little longer still and some prefer that.

5500km on my 2012 and I've worn out an 082 and exploded a D&D (I believe) through the plastic. Put the 5020 on after that and it has about 3500km on a 260 tune; can't complain about that.

Edit: I should add this is on an XF that sees a lot of trail miles at full shift out. Belt length may not matter as much on an M.

Last edited:

Ijust

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2019
Mt
Buying an xtx 5020 since I’ve heard lots of good things. Anyone know where to look for team tied secondary’s?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Racin Station sells Tied clutches. I think Eric has spent time on the boosted 4 stokes with them so should be able to get a good spring and helix combo too.

irydcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lidgerwood nd
We have been eating belts like mad also so we did the motor mount update and also did the BDX drive shaft with the new TEAM BOSS self adjusting secondary clutch.We put the 082 belt back on and its its engaged and squealing is anyone running this new style clutch on the 2012 model. Clearly the belt deflection looks like its to tight but its self adjusting so i am thinking different belt. Also still running the factory primary.

Ijust

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2019
Mt
Did you try to put the old secondary back on Just to see if the belt is still squealing? Maybe it’s the way the belt is sitting in The new clutch or an issue with the mount/shaft installation??? Just a shot in the dark.

Premium Features