• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

LTS Jan. 2015 Snow Condition

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
LTS Jan. 2016 Snow Condition

A New Year and a new storm. We got 8" of wet snow in the last 24 hours here at the house. I thought we would have got more with all the El Nino hype. I have a good 4' of base. This makes for a good 2016 start. Matt has been out grooming every thing in sight. We rode Sunday and snows awesome. Great to be back to the good old days.

DSC07054.jpg

Last edited:

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Ya, It's kind of hard to complain when we have the best start in years, but it does seem the El Niño hasn't lived up to the hype. We've had a good number of small to medium storms, but where is the 6+ foot storms? I'm not gonna complain as long as we don't go into that huge high pressure rut again.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Oh boy 2nd day of the EL NINO storm cycle !!!!

What do you want? 10 feet per storm?

Present storm 5-9 Jan measured in feet biggest droppage next 48 hours

LTS getting about a foot BUT SOCAL getting 2-4 feet.

Sequoias and LA area getting the most out of this storm.

13-15 Jan storm right now predicted at a foot for California Sierras

3 day holiday weekend MLK 16 17 18 Jan FRI SAT SUN

Also these storms are breaking up before they hit land so they are a fraction of the whole storm.

They split on slide down the coast and then move up a canyon area.

I think we gonna get some great big storms based on how many areas in the Pacific Ocean are spinning up storms.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Looks like we only got about 2 inches in the last 24 hours . It's been snowing but it's not accumulating.

Bummer :yuck:

LA recd that much in rain this afternoon

Sat predicted 3-6 inches for LTS

Tonight not much but storms all around LTS.

13-16 Jan storm is still developing ... hopefully for the better!!! :face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features