• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hyfax Rail Fastener

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
New 24 9R rail. Other rail is good.
Polaris saying it’s acceptable and likely will not replace as it will
Not affect structural strength.
30k CAD for this quality is disturbing…..
Thoughts?

IMG_7094.png

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Why isn’t there a bolt on the opposite side? Post a couple more pics

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
This looks exactly how both my rails are on my 24 155 Boost. People just need to make sure these self tapping bolts are torqued correctly. This is the bolt that is backing out and people are losing their hyfax while riding. I checked mine and they were super tight. Perhaps people who are losing hyfax don't even have the bolts because someone missed them in production? Not sure if some sleds were more affected than others as being mine is a Boost and later in production. And as for how janky it looks, you are either blind or new to owning a Polaris because that is probably about 20 spots down the list when it comes to janky construction on a Polaris...

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Post pics y’all. Polaris reads these forums. Chadly more pics, less gum flappin

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
OP - I've seen some discussion on FB about this. Seems to be normal and has been happening for some time.; like on the axys too and previous models to that. You let Polaris know; you have record of it. I wouldn't worry about it. Takes only seconds to look at it once in blue moon to see if it gets worse.

T
Nov 11, 2008
Actually check the length of the hyfax when checking the bolt torque. More than one sled is coming with hyfax that are too long.

Without the rail caps on the 24’s the hyfax needs to be trimmed properly. The hyfax is contacting the clips and in some cases pulling the clips off as well.

This is not my photo but you will see what I am referring to

IMG_1118.png

T
Jan 23, 2013
South Lake Tahoe
Actually check the length of the hyfax when checking the bolt torque. More than one sled is coming with hyfax that are too long.

Without the rail caps on the 24’s the hyfax needs to be trimmed properly. The hyfax is contacting the clips and in some cases pulling the clips off as well.

This is not my photo but you will see what I am referring to

what does a properly trimmed hyfax look like? Because my ‘24 looks just like your picture. Haven’t ridden it yet though.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have read reports of the track clips hitting the hyfax and ripping them off.
does anybody know if the rail tips/caps from last years sled will bolt onto this years rail?
I know the new rail tip profile is different.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I read about 24’ hyfax problems on FB yesterday. Thought it was BS social media whiners. Checked my 24’ last night. The 24’s don’t have the rail caps like previous sleds. The front of the hyfaxx is cut at a pretty sharp angle and the as the track comes off the drivers the clips bang into the sharp edge of the hyfax. IMO, this constant “hammering” of the clips against the hyfaxx edge elongates the hole the hyfax retaining screw goes through and loosens the screw. I pulled my skid last night and cut the leading edge of the hyfax down to smooth the transition of the clips contacting the hyfax.

IMG_3325.jpeg IMG_3328.jpeg 72825D28-2F28-4147-B24A-B58EC802771F.jpeg

T
Nov 11, 2008
what does a properly trimmed hyfax look like? Because my ‘24 looks just like your picture. Haven’t ridden it yet though.
When we cut our rails in the past we wound trim the hyfax at an angle back to the rail. This hyfax extends past the rail and I have seen several like this.

I am not sure it is a 100% solution as the rail tips have less of a tip up now as well but it certainly isn’t helping.

The anti-stab wheels on the 24’s are also different. I want to measure to see if they are the same diameter as the 23’s.

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
Caleb has a good video showing how the hyfax should look when cut properly to avoid hitting the track clips. Basically want it about an 1/8th of an inch longer than the rail.

MDEVO

Chic Chocs Addicts
Lifetime Membership
Oct 21, 2011
Oshawa, ON,Canada
OP - I've seen some discussion on FB about this. Seems to be normal and has been happening for some time.; like on the axys too and previous models to that. You let Polaris know; you have record of it. I wouldn't worry about it. Takes only seconds to look at it once in blue moon to see if it gets worse.
If this is normal, no wonder there are hyfax flying off…🤦🏻with only 3 threads of engagement in the rail.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
For those just looking at their rails foe the first time.

Polaris has used the same drill, tooling and fastener since about 03 to install hyfax to rail. The self tapper will always protrude out the sides of the rail beam a little on one side. Not sexy but there has been no change there. Guys judt trying to scapegoat the tip less design as not thr issue. Funny how suddenly after 20+ years thr screw method is suddenly bad at thr same time they went tipless....

Running a 2 wheel anti stab with no caps is not ideal but with good hyfax shaping is doable on smaller pitch tracks. 3.5p tracks have such giant windows its really sketchy at best. Coupled with the steep chop sawed hyfax front edge there is a constant hammering that will either rattle the screw oit. Snap it, or pull the hyfax over the head.

Premium Features