• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HEATING An Enclosed Trailer ???

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Mar 20, 2003
Great Falls MT
I put mine in tonight i guess it was last night looking at the time it is now 3:00am but hell yea it was hot a heck in there. O yea the temp outside was 50*f so i hope to test it out when it gets a little cooler, or a lot colder HA HA HA HA will be in tuch

R
Mar 20, 2003
Great Falls MT
Funny you bring this up but, I have of someone putting a kerosene heater in a trailer, My neighbor had two of them that he was trying to give me for heating my trailer (he is 85 and just a great guy) so i tried one in my garage to see if it would work, it did but it kept flaring up, i think the keosene was old or something, It was stinky and was very bulkey. Like i said he was old and so were these things. So they went to the dumpster at work, cause he is also a dumpster diver (just way to funny) I hope he never falls in the big garbage cans in the alley. Just my story im sure there are some new kerosene heaters out there that are more user friendly.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
he is in Virginia website is www.dixieproducts.com 1800-343-6780 he is having a black friday sales today

Procom ML300HGA Propane Gas Manual Control Heater $89 delivered

Keep your work area warm this winter with these powerful 28,000 BTU garage heaters. Equipped with protective metal shield and built-in ODS sensor. Provides instant heat without requiring electricity. Features push button ignition, metal grill and 99.9% efficiency. No venting needed. Covers 1000 square feet.

Width: 26.63 in.
Depth: 8 in.
Height: 23.5 in.

Procom_ML300HGA.jpg

B
Nov 29, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
The only problem with the tank mounted under the trailer is that you need to bring the trailer to get it filled. I have my tank inside, so when I need to fill it all I bring is the tenk. Just my .02

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Ok I have a huge favor to ask someone. THey dont ship to AK. If for some reason I cant work out something else.

Could someone who lives close to them, Dixie Products, could you pick me up one and I will paypal you the money for the heater and shiping?

Let me know

M
Jul 5, 2001
Wyoming
Procom ML300HGA Propane Gas Manual Control Heater $89 delivered

Keep your work area warm this winter with these powerful 28,000 BTU garage heaters. Equipped with protective metal shield and built-in ODS sensor. Provides instant heat without requiring electricity. Features push button ignition, metal grill and 99.9% efficiency. No venting needed. Covers 1000 square feet.

Width: 26.63 in.
Depth: 8 in.
Height: 23.5 in.

Procom_ML300HGA.jpg

I bought one of these but it has ISSUES @ High Elevations- it likes to shut off when you are over 5K in elevation:mad: Due to the ODS Sensor

MD

B
Dec 17, 2007
sask
how big of a k-bam will i have if i do this?/

am thinkin of installing a blue flame ventless propane heater in my enclosed trailer, after following this thread for a while i am wondering ,even though my trailer has 2 fresh air vents in it, will it work safely while parked,to run this heater to heat the trailer with my sled inside the trailer...2nd ?, why is a forced air furnace(propane ) not suceptable to iginiting gas fumes(precious sled) in the trailer,even though there is a flame present in the burner...is it is because the furnace is vented???

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I currently have one of those blue flame heaters in a Mirage. It doesnt work all that well. On the heater we have you have to have 120volts to run the fan. Its a pain in the *** tagging along a generator.

The only way to go is with an Attwood RV furnace. You can run ducts off of it to different parts of the trailer. Also they heat the trailer way faster than the blue flame ones.

You get what you pay for;) The Attwoods are 3x the money but they are 3x the heater also.

B
Dec 17, 2007
sask
do u run ur blue flame heater with ur sled parked inside??? guess my biggest concern is am, i going to blow the roof off my trailer(mirage) if i park my sled inside ,turn on a blue flame heater and leave it overnite to thaw out( fumes from the gas tank on sled going to spell trouble?)...:eek only reason am lookin to try a bf heater, is that i have one already and was hopin not to shell out any pesos for a rv furnace this yr...

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I have run it for probally 5 or 6 hrs straight. I had the sleds in there and everything was fine. The only way to dry out gear is put it close to the heater. It still takes along time.:(

I would like to know if anyone likes their blue flame heater?

R
Mar 20, 2003
Great Falls MT
-20 below ZERO Priceless

;)2008 Interstate 27foot snow sport $8,000

:)M1000, K-Cat, Polaris 900 $25,000

:eek:Captin Morgan and Dr. Pepper $25.

:D06 Chevy Duramax $28,000

:pWanting to keep your tailer warm enuff (40*F instead of the -20*F) like out side to work on sled, Drink some morgan Dr.peppers, and not wanting to pull the Duramax out of the garage, to hook up to power an RV furnace . PRICELESS OR at least $ 89.00 for my blue flame heater and the 5$ in propane i spent

so this is for anyone who was wondering how good it was going to work Today was my first run with the heater and it blew my socks off im really impressed it has been -20 all day in Great Falls but in the heater it was around a Balmy 40

Premium Features