• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has poo raised the hp up from last years sleds... 148hp

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Don't feed the troll!!! I sold a 210 hp m8 pump gas turbo to ride a bone stock pro. The hp means nothing unless all you care to do is climb straight up a hill and I would much rather carve up through the trees across a cliff and meet that guy at the top so I cant wait to be on my pro!!! :D

Exactly!!!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
So a turbo m8 wont beat a stock pro in the trees? man iam so confused i dont know what to do with all this inaccurate information

He'd rather have the more nimble chassis instead of the turbo

Vertical Asshauler

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2009
Kelowna, BC
What really makes the pro shine motor wise is the amount of torque it makes. Really helps give it the grunt to get up on top of the snow quickly.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I can do everything I could on a m8t with a stock pro and have a warranty is basically what it comes down to.

The pro will hold lines that an m8 without any suspension upgrades will not. The turbo would allow the cat to pull out of things that the stock pro will not. But as stated above its the bottom end power of the polaris that is really impressive and great for riding the trees. Rarely can you even hit that peak horsepower in the type of riding I am doing.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
really. So, the brother is worried his wife's sled will be down hp from doo or cat? Does she ride for Slednecks? Put her on an 1100T, I guess, and cut her loose. Me, can't wait till I get back on my girl sled to ride with the big boyz. Try'in to keep up. Weird how a 148hp sled goes all the same places as the rompin stompin ropin 160's, sometimes with fewer sticks and no lost sidehills. Just saying...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
thanks guys for the hp info, looks to be the same as last year, just after the numbers

as for the tq we were out with more than a few pros last year and they did well, but after a few hrs you could tell they were down in tq, compared to the etec, if they were the same power, they would of had the advantage, it just was not their, but they did feel lighter

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
really. So, the brother is worried his wife's sled will be down hp from doo or cat? Does she ride for Slednecks? Put her on an 1100T, I guess, and cut her loose. Me, can't wait till I get back on my girl sled to ride with the big boyz. Try'in to keep up. Weird how a 148hp sled goes all the same places as the rompin stompin ropin 160's, sometimes with fewer sticks and no lost sidehills. Just saying...
I am thinking Fred is trying to figure out a way to put doo plastic on a pro chassis..just a hunch on my part...

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
All of this started by a guy that needs a big bore and nitrous on his XP just to keep up to an underpowered Pro. Blindly brand loyal to the point of stupidity. Sad, really.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
All of this started by a guy that needs a big bore and nitrous on his XP just to keep up to an underpowered Pro. Blindly brand loyal to the point of stupidity. Sad, really.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be working.

LOL. Good post. I think they got ya figured freddy.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
So people want a sled that is over powered and does not do well? sounds like a winning plan to me

Yeah polaris has a awsome chassis that makes up for its lack of HP, but why cant we have our cake and eat it too with reliability is that really so bad? How long has the combustion engine been around? How long has polaris been building sleds? So whats the issue. Only thing i can see "jokingly" polaris was banking on makeing up all the lost cash with all the people forking out cash for new piston and cylinders when there warrantie exspires:light:

OVERPOWERD check between your legs that is definitly something you will never hear come out of any "manly mans" mouth:face-icon-small-hap

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
pro with a etec could be wild

But what clutch would you use?

I am new to the HP debate but I have a good grasp on physics so I will use the word similar rather than same for my question. I do not see how similar sized pistons, Similar RPMs, Similar fuel delivery, Similar compression, Similar Bore and stroke can produce such a dissimilar horsepower.
Not that I ride a DINO but lots of guys apparently do :face-icon-small-hap, it seems that the track speed from the clutching is more important to the transmission of power if the engines are running within these similar parameters. Therefore alignment, belt wear,weights, heat and whatever other gremlins there are make a bigger difference in performance than DINO HP.
If I am wrong enlighten me either on this thread, a new thread, a pm or an email.
Otherwise I maintain my sled is better than yours because it is orange not green or yellow!:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features