• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Happy-Face Pro Collar - Available Now

Stocker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2004
Ankritz, AK
Awesome and thanks for the quick respose. Along the lines of suggestions, including some holes on each section that would allow for adhesive application after install might be worthwhile. Addition of a channel or channels on the interior of each section to allow for adhesive distribution on the shaft and end cap to work in concert with the application holes. Mountainhorse's concerns/suggestions are the same things I was thinking about, so any modifications that would allow for adhesive application after install would be a good improvement. Might require two versions though, one designed for adhesive and one without adhesive.

Aug 2, 2011
Fantastic job guys! Had mine installed at Fun Country and rode hard yesterday. Beautiful design, I wish Polaris would just use yours, a much superior design. Thanks for getting us all out with confidence!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Big Ling - I'm wondering if your clamp can be installed with Lords adhesive? Seems like adding adhesive would make this even more durable and a potentially permanent fix.[/QUOTE ]

Would JB Weld work in this application?
http://www.jbweld.com/faqs/
http://www.jbweld.com/product/j-b-weld/

Yes I have used the Lord adhesive for my Air Frames and it works well but it was expensive, needed a mixing gun, mix tubes, tubes of Lord and shipping had hazard fees.

J

jeremycram21

Nov 2, 2008
Happy face where are you located? I have a big trip planned to western Wy the next few days and I would sure like to get my hands on your product for a little peace of mind, but I don't have time to wait for shipping.

M

metallicat

Nov 27, 2007
Rugby, ND
What is the typical time it is taking guys to recieve their order? I ordered one today with a set of QD tools and was wondering when i should expect them. In north dakota. Really don't want to ride it without one! Figured i will buy one of these for the drive end then when i get my polaris one i can put it on the clutch end.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Ordered my PRO CLAMP from Happy Face on Monday, 12/10/12.

Hope it is here tomorrow, 12/13/12 as I'm taking the sled over the weekend to Togwotee and I don't want to drag ANOTHER Polaris out of the back country.

I think it's simply ridiculous that I purchased a $12k sled from Polaris and now I had to spend another $100 for "peace of mind" just to ride that sled...

One gallon of oil isn't going to make me happy about it either...

$500 off a MY2014 sled would change my mind though...

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Ordered collar and belt install studs on Friday night. Monday morning I got and e-mail saying it was shipped. I just went to the mail box and still not here, hopefully tomorrow. I was hoping it would make it here in 2 days, Monday does not count according to the USPost system.

11RMK

Oct 22, 2011
Contact info please...

Would it be possible to get a phone number or a working email to order/discuss clamp options. :face-icon-small-hap
thanks

Hi Sxrlar

This collar is from Happy Face Recreational Performance Products. We feel that our Pro Collar provides a distinct advantage in that there is more surface area against the shaft, has four bolts instead of two, utilizes our unique end-cap design, and has other advanced features and engineering elements designed into it.

The best feature is that is is available NOW, units have been shipping for a week and we have a bunch of them on the snow already.

Please see our ad in the swapmeet section: http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3218730#post3218730

You can see a drawing of the Polaris product and a photo of the shipping HFRPP product below to get an idea of some of the differences and the amount of engineering put into the two products.

11RMK

Oct 22, 2011
clarify...

Actually just needed to clarify an order I already placed a week ago. Was worried my order has been lost in mail. When i went to call and email I found there was NO way to reach this vendor. The email was returned undeliverable and no number listed anywhere. So I came back to the forums to try and find a number or email that worked. No worries I will find a way to contact them eventually. Thanks and :sorry: for the confusing post.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
Actually just needed to clarify an order I already placed a week ago. Was worried my order has been lost in mail. When i went to call and email I found there was NO way to reach this vendor. The email was returned undeliverable and no number listed anywhere. So I came back to the forums to try and find a number or email that worked. No worries I will find a way to contact them eventually. Thanks and :sorry: for the confusing post.

Sorry for the web site confusion. We are having a new site built as we speak and I promise ,<O:p</O:p
it will be a bit more friendly. If you need to get a hold of us call me personally at 541-419-0500 or email at info@hfrpp.com and I will answer the phone (unless I am already on it). We are shipping orders the same day we receive them. Once in the USPS or UPS system we have no control of the flow. Remember Christmas shipping is in full swing and the shippers are maxed out anyway.
We do appreciate everyone's support and we will continue to do our very best to get your products out the door.

Last edited:

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
Ordered my collar on Saturday and received it today. It is a beautiful piece and the CNC workmanship is awesome! This coming from a man who also owns a machine shop with his own Haas CNC.

B
Jan 4, 2008
Bend, Or.
RE:Questions

We have received some questions regarding the possibility that our,<O:p</O:p
PRO COLLAR design might exert excessive clamping force on the driveshaft body.<O:p</O:p
We removed the driveshaft from one of our test sleds and set it up on the, CMM there was no difference with or without the collar.<O:p</O:p

PS> If anybody in Central Oregon needs a PRO COLLAR send a PM and we can hook you up

Thanks Sam

DSCN2773.jpg DSCN2776.jpg DSCN2783.jpg

11RMK

Oct 22, 2011
Props....

Sorry for the web site confusion. We are having a new site built as we speak and I promise ,<O:p</O:p
it will be a bit more friendly. If you need to get a hold of us call me personally at 541-419-0500 or email at info@hfrpp.com and I will answer the phone (unless I am already on it). We are shipping orders the same day we receive them. Once in the USPS or UPS system we have no control of the flow. Remember Christmas shipping is in full swing and the shippers are maxed out anyway.
We do appreciate everyone's support and we will continue to do our very best to get your products out the door.

Got my clamp today from Dave at Happy face, great service, superior product, and one happy pro owner tonight headed west to try it out.
Thanks Dave :face-icon-small-hap

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Pro Collar shipment

Dave,

The clamp & tools arrived here in Alaska today. That was really quick shipping. After the install it's time for the first break in ride.

Thank you for the superior products & excellent service.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
We have received some questions regarding the possibility that our,<O:p</O:p
PRO COLLAR design might exert excessive clamping force on the driveshaft body.<O:p</O:p
We removed the driveshaft from one of our test sleds and set it up on the, CMM there was no difference with or without the collar.<O:p</O:p

PS> If anybody in Central Oregon needs a PRO COLLAR send a PM and we can hook you up

Thanks Sam

Nice CMM:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features