• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-10 torque arm play

R
Dec 9, 2020
I am rebuilding an M-10 from a Polaris Classic Edge 600. I am noticing some play that i am not sure if its normal or not but nothing looks to be worn out. 3 areas described below.

1: The upper shafts that go through the front and rear torque arms have a little side to side play. As in, you can slide them in and out a small amount. Is this normal? There are outer collars with set screws that do not appear to have moved.

2: The rear torque arm bottom shaft slider blocks allow me to load one side more than the other, and vise versa. As in, when compressing suspension, using the rear torque arm, you can make one block slide lower than the other. You can do this for either side. Is this normal? I am guessing it is but just want to make sure. Blocks dont appear to be worn.

3: Lastly, the limiter strap is on a sleeve that appears to fit loosely over the shock shaft. Is this loose fit normal?

Also if anyone wants to comment on anything else to look for, please do. I am sending shocks out to be rebuilt. Torque arms are not cracked.

Premium Features