• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handwarmers and headlight

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Hi all. I have a 17 axys rmk with the gps gauge. My handwarmers and headlight are both dead. I’ve replaced the 2 amp fuse, all three relays, and replaced the voltage regulator and capacitor with no luck. The grounds on the bumper look good and I’ve disconnected and reconnected every connection I could find. Could it be the stator and how would I check that? Any other suggestions
Thanks

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
Wiring

Found the problem. Melted connector from the stator in the bag under the air box. Replaced and all good

ojfrank

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2007
Iowa
I have the same issue currently on my 16 also noticed it won’t charge my electric start battery along with no headlight/tailight or hand warmers but my dash when running says 13.5 so I’m wondering could one of the 3 yellow wires from stator be for the “accessory circuit”. I’m obviously getting good power to the ecu. Just curious where to start looking connector didn’t look bad but never pulled connection apart. Tried all new relays and checked fuses and connections on the switches.

G
Jan 28, 2019
I have the same problem with the headlights and warmers going out. I have a melted connector 6 pin going to the regulator. Where did you find the connector? My dealer said you have to buy the whole wiring harness.

Csellors

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2012
connector

The connector is pretty much under the airbox in the bag. It is pretty much right above one of the spark plugs.I missed it the first go around. There is a bag under the steering post, and above the clutches as well. I had checked those with no luck, but found the other bag eventually. It was a white connector with yellow and black wires in and out of it. It was actually melted right shut. Instead of replacing the connector, we soldered everything back together to eliminate a bad connection point. Only issue would be if the engine needs to come out.

G
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, I found the same melted connector, big yellow and black wires. These are for the Chassis electric, that is why the motor still runs. I will solder or use butt connectors myself. Here is a picture of the melted plug. Kind of odd Polaris has not done anything about it, mine is a 2015

polaris regulator plug_2.jpg

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I would not use butt connnector on a sled. They kept giving trouble on the truck I worked on. Solder that thing

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
The connector is pretty much under the airbox in the bag. It is pretty much right above one of the spark plugs.I missed it the first go around. There is a bag under the steering post, and above the clutches as well. I had checked those with no luck, but found the other bag eventually. It was a white connector with yellow and black wires in and out of it. It was actually melted right shut. Instead of replacing the connector, we soldered everything back together to eliminate a bad connection point. Only issue would be if the engine needs to come out.

I have a posting on here that conveys how to repair the connector and with a full proof connection that allows you to disconnect if the need be to pull the motor.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444113&highlight=stator

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I soldered the problem wires on my 2000 Gen 2 sled and when the engine had to come out , A pair of diagonals did that job! When a similar problem arose on my 07 Dragon, I solved that by soldering the stator high current wires together and it still runs as my loaner/spare sled. Polaris has not solved the connector problem to this date and it will probably go on for some time in the future!!
gtwitch in wyoming

T
Nov 16, 2010
Has anyone ever checked the ac voltage on the yellow wires from the stator? My yellow wires have 5 volts ac and my black has 14.5 volts ac. I started looking into it because my hand warmers and headlight didn’t work and my electric start battery wouldn’t get charged and found melted connector on the stator. Fixed connector and everything works again but only 5 volts so I replaced my stator and same thing only 5 volts. Can anyone tell me if it should be 14.5 just like the black wires?

2O7Sledhead

Jan 1, 2016
Maine
Has anyone ever checked the ac voltage on the yellow wires from the stator? My yellow wires have 5 volts ac and my black has 14.5 volts ac. I started looking into it because my hand warmers and headlight didn’t work and my electric start battery wouldn’t get charged and found melted connector on the stator. Fixed connector and everything works again but only 5 volts so I replaced my stator and same thing only 5 volts. Can anyone tell me if it should be 14.5 just like the black wires?
Sorry to bring back a dead thread. How’d you fix the connector? My sled just lost headlight, brake light and warmers and while I haven’t torn into it, I’m getting more confident my connector is going to be melted.

M
Jan 2, 2016
Sorry to bring back a dead thread. How’d you fix the connector? My sled just lost headlight, brake light and warmers and while I haven’t torn into it, I’m getting more confident my connector is going to be melted.
Bro Same! They have posted a link on the repair in the comments above.

2O7Sledhead

Jan 1, 2016
Maine
Bro Same! They have posted a link on the repair in the comments above.

Mine wasn’t the stator connector… I hardwired it to get me through this weekend, connector was a little melted, but still no lights or anything. Not sure where else to look honestly

Premium Features