• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cycles and Sleds 9R clutching

P

pj8556

Jan 11, 2008
God's country
is anyone else just not impressed with this $500 kit?!
I was running 74g belly busters with a slp blue/red 140/320 spring and it worked really good. little heat, no belt fade. pulled 8400 rpms and held it decently
with this C&S kit I am just not that impressed over previous setup, it doesnt shift noticeably better up or down, it holds about 8450 (probably holds it a bit better than before) but the upshift and backshift isnt even close to $500 better and it makes a lot of heat in deep snow. I am going to add a small magnet or two either in the base or mid or both but the fact remains its not that great in my opinion. Thoughts?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Ours works better than stock but haven't tried anything else. It is my wife's sled and my buddy has rode it more than i have. The last time i rode it was really deep and i wanted my turbo back. No help here.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
would you say you were turboless?
I actually wasn't turboless. I talked my buddy into leaving his boost and riding it that day to see how it ran with clutch kit. Didn't know it was going to be that deep in the trees. 9r got a lesson in rolling over really fast. My turbo lynx did also but a lot farther up.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I actually wasn't turboless. I talked my buddy into leaving his boost and riding it that day to see how it ran with clutch kit. Didn't know it was going to be that deep in the trees. 9r got a lesson in rolling over really fast. My turbo lynx did also but a lot farther up.
Who's the one with white privilege when you have all these amazing sled choices? ?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
is anyone else just not impressed with this $500 kit?!
I was running 74g belly busters with a slp blue/red 140/320 spring and it worked really good. little heat, no belt fade. pulled 8400 rpms and held it decently
with this C&S kit I am just not that impressed over previous setup, it doesnt shift noticeably better up or down, it holds about 8450 (probably holds it a bit better than before) but the upshift and backshift isnt even close to $500 better and it makes a lot of heat in deep snow. I am going to add a small magnet or two either in the base or mid or both but the fact remains its not that great in my opinion. Thoughts?
Mine is significantly better than stock, the up shift and back shift are very good. Best and most consistent back shift of any sled I’ve owned. Worth the $800?, I did the lightweight extras…debatable but riding (wife’s) sled stock clutching I’m not regretting the upgrade.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I bought there kit for my boost, after talking to them and all there claimed gains. There were no gains, and lots of belt slip. I tried a few changes they recommended, in the end I returned it for a full refund.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
I have purchased the C&S weights and am waiting on them to arrive. My sled is a 146 x 2.6" track so results may vary a touch. I am running a 64-44 .46 helix with a Blk/Purple secondary spring, 3 delrin washers. In the primary I am running the Indy Specialties P22 Turbo weight loaded to 76g with the stock primary spring. At 8-10k this setup was very consistent across packed/windblown snow to soft/dense snow in the trees. The sled consistently pulled 8250-8350 in almost every situation. Stock it seemed very revy with no pull, it did not grunt at all on the bottom end but pulled 8500 just about every time you stabbed it. It now has a much more useable bottom end and accelerates strongly off the bottom end.

I ordered the C&S weights as Colin stated the turbo profile in their testing did not perform as well as the profile he sold me. I figured I would give them a try and see how they ran, I think if they offer an improvement it will not be earth shattering.

T
May 22, 2010
Kelowna BC
Nothing wrong with stock, just some minor changes to get what engagement you might like or elevation you ride at.
Add power! you'll enjoy it more. Terra Alps billet head and muffler

Premium Features