• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutting out majorly at anything other than WOT ..

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Use fuel press gauge at fitting on end of rail on head. Sounds alot like mine did with TPS problem but.... I wish someone would pirate the "digital wrench" program!!

With all the information and wiring diagrams in teh service manual, it really can't be that hard to find the pinouts and the range of values from it.... a $150 DAQ (6008 or 6211 from NI would probably do it) and a few hours in LabVIEW could likely result in somethign very similar to that digital wrench...

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
With all the information and wiring diagrams in teh service manual, it really can't be that hard to find the pinouts and the range of values from it.... a $150 DAQ (6008 or 6211 from NI would probably do it) and a few hours in LabVIEW could likely result in somethign very similar to that digital wrench...

So uh ... you gonna need a marketing guy? :D

L

LongTrack

Nov 26, 2007
Sorry about not getting back sooner. I finally got the TPS harness number. It is
2203165 from Polaris. The replacement according to the tech line is the one available for the FST. Thats what was put on mine and took care of the problem. Hope this helps, let us know.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'll check and see what pigtail for the TPS I have tomorrow ...

I'm guessing the Polaris part # should be somewhere on the pigtail, right?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
dogmeat, you can tell if it has been replaced by looking at the wires -- if new ones have be spliced on. the new connector comes with the wires and all and you splice them to the old wires.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, I don't think that the TPS pigtail has been replaced.

I also don't think this is a stator problem ... it's obviously intermittent.

Took the sled out yesterday ... all I did was wiggle some wires on some sensors, and I checked the resistances on the ignition coils, they looked fine ...

Ran fine all day.

Took sled out today.

Ran fine for 3 hours, then started cutting out at around 4,000 rpm very slightly ..

*shrug* guess I'll do some more work checking things ..

I'm taking the sled back to Wyoming to my parents house tomorrow ... I guess there's still enough snow on Casper Mountain to ride and it's a pretty short drive so if I gotta bring the sled home, then go back up, it'll be easy :)

I'll let you all know what I find out.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Ok, rode again today ... can you believe there's still ridable snow on Casper Mountain the first week of April :eek:

Rode around, everything was dandy, sled was running great ...

After about 2 hours, started sputtering just a little bit around 4,000 RPM ... low and behold, 5 blinks on the "Check Engine" light ...

Looks like my EGT sensor might be hosed.

I haven't checked the manual yet to see how to diagnose if the sensor itself is bad, but I'll check the wiring to the harness as well for any rub marks, etc ... If it does turn out to be the sensor itself which I am hoping it is, that should be a pretty easy fix providing a dealer has one in stock :)

I'll let yall know if that is for sure what the problem was but I have a hunch maybe it was ... At least I Hope it was ...

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
found the problem with mine why it would only run at wot. made the home made tps tester and found that at closed throttle my tp is reading 3.94 volts. so that is why it was running pig rich and used 2.5 gallons in 8 miles. so i guess the dealer was wrong when he sold me the stator. oh well atleast i now know it is good too. btw those tps sensors arn't cheap got it at babbits for 111.00 and the oil pump for 145.00

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Guess it wasn't the EGT sensor ...

Damned sled is now throwing codes for water sensor, detonation sensor, basically every sensor I haven't replaced yet.

*sigh*

I think today was my last ride of the season.

I gotta pull the motor this summer to upgrade my Compfusion mounts anyways.

I'm gonna go through the whole damned electrical system then and check EVERYTHING to make sure it's in spec ... try to have it all ready by next winter I guess :(

Premium Features