• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R Throttle Down Question

Oct 23, 2020
Having a bit of an issue with my 9R - or maybe I am not, thought I would reach out for some opinions - and figure this is the place. Its a 2023, 400miles, at idle rpm is 2000, at WOT where I ride its a pretty consistent 8400. Starts good on second pull cold, first pull warm. Potential concern is that after riding hard and having it pinned or just pushing on it hard in deep powder, when I let off the throttle to come back to idle it almost backfires around 4500rpm and then just doesn't idle crisp back to idle like it is going to die / starved for fuel. Thought maybe the air vents being partially covered were the issue but last weekend I made sure to keep them clear. Like stated, it runs great all through power band up doesn't cut out, zero hesitation when on the throttle. Called the dealer for thoughts, ideas, suggestions and...didn't get any so here I am.

Oct 23, 2020
I was wondering about that as I wrote the question. Tank was partial non-e, part e so maybe that was the issue and it will clear. I will pay closer attention to that. Thanks.

Premium Features